Big jump

suffolkboi61

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Marzipan ewwwwwwwwww
For the first time today at lunch I had a white coffee, no sugar and semi-skimmed milk. (had run out of tea bags :oops: )
Also had an omelette done in margerine and 1 tomato, nothing out of the ordinary.
My Bs was 5.3 then 2 hrs later it jumped to 10.4? half an hour later I started to feel like vomiting, ringing in my ears, a cold sweat and had to sit down in the chemist's for about 10 minutes.

Could this jump have been caused by the omelette or the coffee?

Synonym

Dislikes
Having no energy as this is so limiting.
Poor you, that sounds horrible; but I can’t see how anything you say you ate or drank could have done that to you. Perhaps you are going down with something, do you still feel rough?

Dobbs

I also can't see how that have been caused by anything you ate or drank, unless you've forgotten about something... any other health issues going on?

suffolkboi61

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Marzipan ewwwwwwwwww
No other issues going on, and within an hour of getting back home I felt fine?

borderter

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes! Celebrities and curry
Its a long shot but could you be a bit reactive to eggs? I always feel sick after more than one egg and omlettes often contain more

suffolkboi61

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Marzipan ewwwwwwwwww
I dont think it was the eggs as I could eat them till the cows came home :oops: It looks like it was a one off thing that will never be explained.

suffolkboi61

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Marzipan ewwwwwwwwww
Just had another big jump, had tinned tomatos on 2 slices of white toast, reading before was 5.1 2 hrs later and a 30 min walk reading was 8.1 :shock:

Surely the 2 slices of toast would not have risen it up that much and I was under the impression that cooked tomatos were good for you :?:

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Looks like it!!

That is anything up to 40 odd grams of carbs for the bread! 200gm tinned tomatoes is 6 gm of carbs. So that was about 46 grams of carbs.

The exercise may also have contributed.

This is why you test after meals to see what does affect your blood sugar levels.