How are everyone's pregnancies going?

Finley02

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hey ladies - question is in the subject... Hope you are all getting in ok.

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum mobile app

Sarahkylie88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hello @Finley02

I'm almost 12 weeks now! I have got my scan next Wednesday! Can't wait!!! I've been suffering with some low bloods the past couple of weeks which seems to be getting worse rather than better! I have spoken to dsn and agreed a basal decrease all round! Just feel like I'm constantly eating to level my sugars!! I'm feeling ok, we have a busy couple of weeks on the island I live on, so have been exhausted!! But have been off work on holiday and have managed to fit in a cheeky power nap or two while my partner and little boy were out, although I woke up from one @ 1.2mmol my lowest ever recording and then felt like **** for the next 2 hours! how r things with u? How many weeks are u now? X

Reactions: 2 people

Finley02

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hello @Finley02

I'm almost 12 weeks now! I have got my scan next Wednesday! Can't wait!!! I've been suffering with some low bloods the past couple of weeks which seems to be getting worse rather than better! I have spoken to dsn and agreed a basal decrease all round! Just feel like I'm constantly eating to level my sugars!! I'm feeling ok, we have a busy couple of weeks on the island I live on, so have been exhausted!! But have been off work on holiday and have managed to fit in a cheeky power nap or two while my partner and little boy were out, although I woke up from one @ 1.2mmol my lowest ever recording and then felt like **** for the next 2 hours! how r things with u? How many weeks are u now? X

Omg how quick is that going! I can't believe ur 12 weeks already crazy how quick it goes!

I also suffered with horrendous lows but have never been as low as 1.2!! Think my lowest has been 1.7 in my pregnancy and like it say doesn't it make u feel like rubbish and specially when the weather is so muggy although I am now nearly 25 weeks pregnant and suffering with highs really struggling to get them down but have started to try and test 20 mins before I eat and it seems to be working thankfully.
Sadly I am being made redundant in my job as of the 17th June I found out 2 weeks after I found out I was pregnant, but all good and I get to spend my heaviest and hottest part of pregnancy at home hehe absolutely looking forward to it hehe!

Are you going to find out what you having when the time comes? we couldn't help our selves hehe!
How did u find your first pregnancy with diabetes? Or is that a distant memory now lol xx

Ellie_Wilko

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I'm 9 and a half weeks and the lows have just kicked in has got to the point where I've not had to bolus for 2 days so have been told to half my basal dose tomorrow and see how that goes!

Hope your scan goes ok next week @Sarahkylie88 xx

Lozj82

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all, its been a while since i posted as been busy with my open uni exams, i am currently 30 weeks pregnant with my first - a little boy, its been tough as i have other autoimmune problems but at least its meant lots of scans! Diabetes wise things havent been too bad, got put on a pump and got funded for a dexcom (very lucky i know, i am currently living in Italy and when i went back to the UK for a brief visit they said there is no way they would have done that if i was there).

Hope things are going well for you all and i have attached a pic of my little man :)

Attachments

• IMG_20160607_2_7.jpg
    IMG_20160607_2_7.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 433
Reactions: 4 people

Sarahkylie88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Omg how quick is that going! I can't believe ur 12 weeks already crazy how quick it goes!

I also suffered with horrendous lows but have never been as low as 1.2!! Think my lowest has been 1.7 in my pregnancy and like it say doesn't it make u feel like rubbish and specially when the weather is so muggy although I am now nearly 25 weeks pregnant and suffering with highs really struggling to get them down but have started to try and test 20 mins before I eat and it seems to be working thankfully.
Sadly I am being made redundant in my job as of the 17th June I found out 2 weeks after I found out I was pregnant, but all good and I get to spend my heaviest and hottest part of pregnancy at home hehe absolutely looking forward to it hehe!

Are you going to find out what you having when the time comes? we couldn't help our selves hehe!
How did u find your first pregnancy with diabetes? Or is that a distant memory now lol xx

I know! It was awful! Fingers crossed these adjustments should help! I feel horrible today, just feel there is no air! And I feel sicky and tired!! One of my friends has just announced her pregnancy and she is due about 6 days before me(working on correct calculations having not had the dating scan yet) so can't wait to tell her next week after my scan!!

I can't believe you are 25 weeks! That's mad! Such a shame about your job tho, that's so cruel when u are pregnant, but as u say every cloud and all that, getting to relax at home before baby comes is definitely a silver lining!

My first pregnancy was very different, I was on injections and not the pump and I didn't find out till I was 15 weeks! Looking back j remember feeling tired and sickly, but just put that down to being busy! My sugars were ok, I did have a really bad low probably about the same amount of weeks when i look back so probably caused by the hormones! My hba1c was good last time when I was pregnant and I didn't know so they let me carry on. It's much better this time, but think the lows are playing their part in that!! When my pregnancy progressed I suffered terribly with dawn phenomena, sugars of 16 upon waking, but at 5 am had been 6!! they advised a pump if I was to be pregnant again and I'm glad I chose it!!

Highs are so frustrating when you get to that stage! Are u in a pump or injections?

Sarahkylie88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'm 9 and a half weeks and the lows have just kicked in has got to the point where I've not had to bolus for 2 days so have been told to half my basal dose tomorrow and see how that goes!

Oh @Ellie_Wilko I feel your pain!!! Drinking lucazade like it's going out of fashion and I don't even like the stuff!! It's awful isn't it!! I've tweeked my basal today too, reduced it for the whole 24 hours!! Have u had your early scan yet? X

Ellie_Wilko

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Oh @Ellie_Wilko I feel your pain!!! Drinking lucazade like it's going out of fashion and I don't even like the stuff!! It's awful isn't it!! I've tweeked my basal today too, reduced it for the whole 24 hours!! Have u had your early scan yet? X

I know I'm living on lucozade at the moment! I don't like it either but if you haven't already, try the Caribbean crush flavour, it's amazing!

Yeah I had my 8 week scan last week and as far as they said everything was as it should be and saw the little heart beat so that was very reassuring

My 12 week is booked for 5th July which can't come quick enough - I'm just praying this month would end already!

Looks like it's going to be another low night tho, reading of 4.8 just now again after having no rapid with my dinner so wondering how long it will be before I have to have some more lucozade - I might aswell I brush my teeth with it it's such a nightly occurrence

Sarahkylie88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Exactly the same 4.3, had some lucazade because I felt sicky and didn't want to eat... Put on a -50% basal, checked an hour later because I felt a little funny... 2.2!!! lucazade, a slice of toast (no bolus) and a -50% basal again this time for 2 hrs! Just to try pull me up a bit!!! My basal is only 0.45 per hour anyway at this time to I'm basically not having anything! Have to keep telling ourselves it'll be worth it in the end!!! it's good to have a good old rant to people that feel your pain tho!!!

Finley02

Type of diabetes
Type 1

The joys of diabetes eh! I have had to adjust constantly through my pregnancy so far! Hard work but so worth it!

Hope you don't suffer with lows too much sweetie!

Xx

Finley02

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I know! It was awful! Fingers crossed these adjustments should help! I feel horrible today, just feel there is no air! And I feel sicky and tired!! One of my friends has just announced her pregnancy and she is due about 6 days before me(working on correct calculations having not had the dating scan yet) so can't wait to tell her next week after my scan!!

I can't believe you are 25 weeks! That's mad! Such a shame about your job tho, that's so cruel when u are pregnant, but as u say every cloud and all that, getting to relax at home before baby comes is definitely a silver lining!

My first pregnancy was very different, I was on injections and not the pump and I didn't find out till I was 15 weeks! Looking back j remember feeling tired and sickly, but just put that down to being busy! My sugars were ok, I did have a really bad low probably about the same amount of weeks when i look back so probably caused by the hormones! My hba1c was good last time when I was pregnant and I didn't know so they let me carry on. It's much better this time, but think the lows are playing their part in that!! When my pregnancy progressed I suffered terribly with dawn phenomena, sugars of 16 upon waking, but at 5 am had been 6!! they advised a pump if I was to be pregnant again and I'm glad I chose it!!

Highs are so frustrating when you get to that stage! Are u in a pump or injections?

Ahhhh how exciting..... We told close family and friends early on ( we couldn't contain or excitement) hehe but haven't still posted over social media.

Haha I know right we was just talking about it at work how quick it's gone, just makes me think how quickly he is going to grow up!

I agree with you, this is my first pregnancy and am on injections, my Dsn did offer me the pump but I decided not too as I know where I am with my injections and feel in control so to speak. But will absolutely consider pump after my pregnancy heard so many great things about them.

I'm starting to feel extremely tired at the moment and although I am feeling very nervous about leaving my work I am looking forward to not travelling and relaxing at home hehe.

I have my next growth scan on 4th July I will be around 28 weeks then, be nice to see how he is growing. Me and my partner have only really started to feel him and see him move the last week as my placenta is at the front of my tummy, can't wait for him to get stronger and beat my belly up hehe.

Xx

Finley02

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Ooo girls I love lucozade weirdly enough... They have also brought out lucozade zero.... Try it is lovely lol!!! Xx

Finley02

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi all, its been a while since i posted as been busy with my open uni exams, i am currently 30 weeks pregnant with my first - a little boy, its been tough as i have other autoimmune problems but at least its meant lots of scans! Diabetes wise things havent been too bad, got put on a pump and got funded for a dexcom (very lucky i know, i am currently living in Italy and when i went back to the UK for a brief visit they said there is no way they would have done that if i was there).

Hope things are going well for you all and i have attached a pic of my little man :)

ah how lovely.... I am also having a little boy he he!!!

How have you found the care in Italy?

Oh look at him...! We also had a 3D scan but at 17 weeks, we couldn't wait to find out what we was having hehe
Xx

Postitnote

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
At the moment... artex ceilings. Also the concrete patio.
Hello! I have cheered up. 20 week scan next Thursday, am incredibly nervous. I came into this pregnancy with a very high Hba 1c so I'm basically waiting for something to wrong. :p

I put together my pram yesterday and promptly burst into tears. It made it all so real. Not sure if I'm ready for this but, bit late now!

Still hypo daily. Yesterday I went down to 1.7! My fault, I was being silly. I went to the gym with a 5. Thought it would be ok so didn't have my usual cereal bar. Felt wiped out so I had a lovely nap in one the office bedrooms and then home.

Are you girls finding that lows just sneak up on you of the blue? I am often absolutely fine one minute and then every symptom his me at once!

Mrsass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hello! I have cheered up. 20 week scan next Thursday, am incredibly nervous. I came into this pregnancy with a very high Hba 1c so I'm basically waiting for something to wrong. :p

I put together my pram yesterday and promptly burst into tears. It made it all so real. Not sure if I'm ready for this but, bit late now!

Still hypo daily. Yesterday I went down to 1.7! My fault, I was being silly. I went to the gym with a 5. Thought it would be ok so didn't have my usual cereal bar. Felt wiped out so I had a lovely nap in one the office bedrooms and then home.

Are you girls finding that lows just sneak up on you of the blue? I am often absolutely fine one minute and then every symptom his me at once!

I think all of us wait for something to go wrong because of all the worry with bgs, I've done it my whole pregnancy and now doing it about my labour but I have a quiet word with myself to man up lol X

Finley02

Type of diabetes
Type 1

Hello sweetie, I also started off pregnancy with a high hba1c.... But it's come down now which is fab.... I think through the whole of your pregnancy like me you will be tackling highs and lows and have no reason as to why as you are not doing anything different.

Crazy what your body does, but it is creating a new life inside your belly which makes is so much easier to except hehe :) hope your scan goes well - I found myself very nervous as this one as they look at all of your little baby's organs etc.. A massive sigh of relief when you find out everything is absolutely fine

Finley02

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I think all of us wait for something to go wrong because of all the worry with bgs, I've done it my whole pregnancy and now doing it about my labour but I have a quiet word with myself to man up lol X

Haha oh bless you... Have you had your induction time yet sweetie? X

Lozj82

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
ah how lovely.... I am also having a little boy he he!!!

How have you found the care in Italy?

Oh look at him...! We also had a 3D scan but at 17 weeks, we couldn't wait to find out what we was having hehe
Xx

I have been very impressed wit the care in Italy, like i said they have given me a pump and funded a dexcom for me.

I am having scans fortnightly (mainly due to my sjogrens which puts the baby at risk of a heart block, but thankfully everything is all good so far).

They don't do gas and air here for the delivery though, but as this is my first at least i am not expecting it as such, might just go au natural if i can lol

Mrsass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Haha oh bless you... Have you had your induction time yet sweetie? X

Sorry just seen your post, I came in at 2:30, had first pessary and at the moment they are happy with the one (was due another around 9/10pm) but I'm getting pains quite often so they are seeing how I go really would have liked some sleep but don't see that happening as painkillers haven't touched the sides xx

Finley02

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Sorry just seen your post, I came in at 2:30, had first pessary and at the moment they are happy with the one (was due another around 9/10pm) but I'm getting pains quite often so they are seeing how I go really would have liked some sleep but don't see that happening as painkillers haven't touched the sides xx

Hello sweetie, hope everything went well last night.