Type 2 Life

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
Morning Deb, grey, but warm and dry... Had my coffee and cream and about to go for a run with my sons little doggie:) sounds like you'll require more energy than me this weekend:)

Diagnosed 13/4/16: T2, no meds, HbA1c 53, FBG 12.6, Trigs 3.6, HDL .75, LDL 4.0, BP 169/95, 13st 8lbs, waist 34" (2012 - 17st 7lbs, w 42").

6/6/16: FBG AV 4.6, Trigs 1.5, HDL 2.0, LDL 3.0, BP 112/68, BPM 66, 11st 11lbs, waist 30".

Regime: 20g LCHF, run 1 mile daily, weekly fasting.

Reactions: 4 people
D

debrasue

Morning Deb, grey, but warm and dry... Had my coffee and cream and about to go for a run with my sons little doggie:) sounds like you'll require more energy than me this weekend:)

Diagnosed 13/4/16: T2, no meds, HbA1c 53, FBG 12.6, Trigs 3.6, HDL .75, LDL 4.0, BP 169/95, 13st 8lbs, waist 34" (2012 - 17st 7lbs, w 42").

6/6/16: FBG AV 4.6, Trigs 1.5, HDL 2.0, LDL 3.0, BP 112/68, BPM 66, 11st 11lbs, waist 30".

We're looking after my son's doggie next week, too, while they're on holiday in Devon, but I won't be getting up at the crack of dawn to take her for a run!
(She's an old, arthritic English bulldog, so I'm sure she'll be grateful to hear that. She'd rather have a biscuit in bed!)
:)

Reactions: 5 people

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
We're looking after my son's doggie next week, too, while they're on holiday in Devon, but I won't be getting up at the crack of dawn to take her for a run!
(She's an old, arthritic English bulldog, so I'm sure she'll be grateful to hear that. She'd rather have a biscuit in bed!)
:)

Oh I got the picture and it made me laugh so much:)...sitting here with this lovely little 9 months old pugalier... Although she's still flipping snoring at present and I want to go running ...haha:)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Morning all , yes were both up . I know its the weekend but bodyclocks don't shut off. Hope everyone has a good day . X
To you both too @tina_marie . Have a great day. Ignore us and go out and spend some quality time laughing about old times. It works wonders. This is just a bump in the road. Things will get better. Nothing stays the same! Enjoy your day. Enjoy new car?

Reactions: 2 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Morning, peeps! And a very grey and soggy morning it is in South Glos today, too. It absolutely poured down yesterday afternoon and last night. Still at least it's cooler, the garden's enjoying all the rain, and the birdsong is deafening this morning, so I suppose that means they're enjoying it too.
I'm still lurking under the duvet at the moment - just doing FBG (6 this morning - don't know how that happened, I was 4.8 when I went to bed!) and I thought I'd say hello to everyone before the day gets started.
I'd better get my **** in the shower now though - my son and his family are arriving from Nottingham in a few hours, so it's going to be another weekend knee-deep in dogs and toddlers! :)
Have a good one everyone ( hope your leg feels better soon @liam1955)
Hugs x
Enjoy.
I found an old mobile phone in one of my draws yesterday. Great video footage and pics of 9yr old being my toddlers age. He spoke ever so posh then. Little one screeches more but just as cute. Enjoy them and take pics for yourself.

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thanks @13lizanne , 2 x 30/500 cocodamol gave me 6 hrs rest

Boy that's strong stuff. Glad it helped :)

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Struggling with an absys under a tooth tonight, mouth looks like a wasps nest has moved in. BG's sky high:mad:
Ow! You have all my sympathy. Hope you get it sorted out soon

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
Good Morning, my lovely friends on this wonderful Forum,

Yesterday morning, Friday 10th June, 2016, at 6:41 ante meridian, I had a fasting blood glucose reading of 6.5 mmol then at 7:03 ante meridian my friend Lee treated me to a large full E£nglish breakfast at my local cafeteria which had excessive complex carbohydrates in it. I declined to take my BG 2 hours after the first mouthful so I don't know how it affected my glycaemia. Then at approximately 6:00 post meridian I had 2 large Marmite sandwiches cut into triangles.

This morning, I very foolishly consumed 2 mugs of coffee and very naughtily put 3 sugars in each. But it didn't, miraculously, affect my glycaemia, also because I drank a lot of tap water to hydrate myself, and my blood glucose reading at 9:12 ante meridian was 5.4 mmol. Brilliant!

I'm now at Tate South Lambeth Public Library using PC No.4 to send this message because the wifi is still not operational in my flat.

Have a good day, my good, fine friends, Saturday 11th June, 2016 at 9;37 post meridian.

Johnny Baker, Sufferer of Asperger Syndrome and ADHD.

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Morning, FBG 6.8 mmol/l. Feeling great again ! Nearly finished my antibiotics and the runs have gone too. Feel like I'm in heaven today, 3 matches in Euro 2016 today, 2pm, 5pm and 8pm kick offs. I might watch all three and go shopping and other errands this morning. :)

D

debrasue

Enjoy.
I found an old mobile phone in one of my draws yesterday. Great video footage and pics of 9yr old being my toddlers age. He spoke ever so posh then. Little one screeches more but just as cute. Enjoy them and take pics for yourself.
You're a woman after my own heart, Vicky! Mate, I take so many pics I have already filled up one computer - I have to be physically restrained from posting them all over the place! :joyful:
I am the original Doting Granny - I'm putty in their little, pudgy hands.

IMG_0139.JPG

Reactions: 6 people

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
You're a woman after my own heart, Vicky! Mate, I take so many pics I have already filled up one computer - I have to be physically restrained from posting them all over the place! :joyful:

View attachment 19423
You lucky thing Deborah! Such beautiful children.

Reactions: 8 people

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
I am saying this in a very quiet voice, but after being very very careful, I managed to take my metformin yesterday...and thus far no ill effects...ssssssh

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)

View attachment 19423

They look like little smashers Deb
You have every right to feel proud of them

Reactions: 6 people