Steroid injection over 2 weeks ago...bloods still not right!

Amy.W

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi everyone. I'm at a bit of a loss. I have been really hard to get my bloods as good as possible...desperate to have a baby. Have been given green light by my DSN with a HBA1C of 7.2. Problem is the week after the test I had a cortisol injection in my knee and bottom for my Rhimatoid arthritis. First week was mad and had too up my Basel to 210% and still struggled to get them in target. They have slowly come down and have had Basel back to normal. However they are still not as good as I had them and don't know wether to just keep my Basel at 110%?

Does anyone have experience of this? How long did it lady? Thank you in advance.

Auckland Canary

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

I had a steroid injection about 4 months ago for a shoulder problem and my bloods were also random for about 2-3 weeks. Mainly I had to up my basel as well but I also suffered a few really bad night time hypo's as well. Nothing you can do about it but just wait for them to get out of your system. It shouldn't be much longer though

Amy.W

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi,

I had a steroid injection about 4 months ago for a shoulder problem and my bloods were also random for about 2-3 weeks. Mainly I had to up my basel as well but I also suffered a few really bad night time hypo's as well. Nothing you can do about it but just wait for them to get out of your system. It shouldn't be much longer though
Thank you..here's hope it sorts it's self out, up it's really annoying!