Diabetic Craft Club

AnniB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
So cross. I have spent about two hours looking for the box of feet for my sewing macine as I need the one to put in an invisible zip. Ended up ordering new ones from Amazon but should be here tomorrow. Wine now I think!

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum mobile app

Reactions: 2 people

RoseofSharon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So cross. I have spent about two hours looking for the box of feet for my sewing macine as I need the one to put in an invisible zip. Ended up ordering new ones from Amazon but should be here tomorrow. Wine now I think!

That dress sounds amazing. Please could we have some pics when it's done?

It's been a long time since I used a sewing machine, I hand sew almost everything nowadays.

S

Sable_Jan

Oh, just the thread for me - I do all sorts of crafts, knitting, crochet, sewing, quilting, painting on rocks, beading etc etc etc ...
That's lovely. What patience you have.
I was getting annoyed that the most recent version of the App flips me to timeline instead of subscribed threads but I've found a few nice ones through it. This one included.

Reactions: 4 people
S

Sable_Jan

[
50933fb8d6742a4f5efc7b0b917c9769.jpg

Love the boys in wellies. You manage to express new haircuts with just a few strokes and color changes and the wonder of intent of looking at something in nature without actually showing what they are looking at.

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum
[/QUOTE]
Amazing painting. As I'm using the App on my phone the pictures I see are small. So realistic is this I thought it was a photograph.

S

Sable_Jan

It's just a simple shift dress with a fairly deep neck but the fabric is very nice -silvery grey with some pink. I had originally intended to make a more involved design but decided that it would be better simpler. The good thing is that I have enough fabric and lining left to make something else as well.

A bolero style jacket to go with the dress maybe?

S

Sable_Jan

Oh, dear. Hope they do. So annoying when you can't finish something. My machines tool box attaches to the machine to form the sewing platform and is removable for doing sleeves. Ancient now but still working well despite several mishaps including dog pulling it off the table and bending the spool winder

S

Sable_Jan

1465745027381.jpg

My cuurent project along with dog blanket
91eb7c621fc6f203ccb766f54b22d7ca.jpg
which is nowhere near the colour in the photo

S

Sable_Jan

I cut out a top 2 years ago and have never done any more. I would like to take it with me when we go to Northern Cyprus in a week - but my garden is also in desperate need of weeding - will I get it done and if I do, will I like it ......... Not very good at sewing as I haven't done any for about 25 years!!! I love the sewing bee too and couldn't even tackle what they call "basic" sewing.. Also not so keen on the new lady, what do others think?

Think I can beat you on the length of time between cutting and making. I have some shorts pieces attached to a pattern that were for my mid teens daughter. Weather changed, she grew.....she'll be 39 this year ..... Granddaughter s will be teens before long. Maybe that pattern will be back in fashion....
Yarn I'm using for jumper is of a sonar age..

Reactions: 6 people
S

Sable_Jan

I joined a new local watercolour group in September. The guy who runs it is not a natural born teacher - more of a facilitator really. I've been painting on and off for years, so was not a complete beginner, but just doing it every week for a while has really helped me improve. I'm really pleased with my latest efforts. So much so that I've just framed the Venice one.View attachment 18772 View attachment 18773 View attachment 18774 View attachment 18775
Love the cockerel and bluebell woods

magsiesss

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who drive with fog lights on when its only a bit of mist
[

Love the boys in wellies. You manage to express new haircuts with just a few strokes and color changes and the wonder of intent of looking at something in nature without actually showing what they are looking at.

[/QUOTE]
Stunning ... absolutely stunning - what talent you have x

magsiesss

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I have just realised I did not have this thread on "watch thread" .... you lovely bunch of really talented people

S

Sable_Jan

I have just realised I did not have this thread on "watch thread" .... you lovely bunch of really talented people
I only realised I'd started replying to some fairly old posts after a while cos I started at the start then decided to start backwards and the whole thread wasn't as long as I thought. Glad I've somehow flagged it up for you. Only done a few more rounds on the dog blanket cos there wasn't enuf light with my lamp to see the knitting properly when I was watching tv.

S

Sable_Jan

This is what I am thinking..It's either that or make the dress up again at the end of the year when this one will hopefully be too big!
I'd go with the jacket with how changeable the weather has been. You can always take the dress in when it's too big

magsiesss

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
This is what I am thinking..It's either that or make the dress up again at the end of the year when this one will hopefully be too big!

That is one thing that is stopping me from making any clothing - I hope to lose weight soon, so am holding back

I made 2 Dottie Angel dresses (which I love wearing) .... and would need another one for my new size - I hope

Reactions: 4 people

HazelD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hot weather
[

[/QUOTE]
Just cought up with the forum, been rather busy also have another bout of cellulitis, not nicethe hot weather started it off.
Beautiful paintings. Love them all.

AnniB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Got the sewing bug at the moment. Am making pyjama bottoms. I then buy t shirts a size too big from Tesco and decorate them with something made from the fabric from the bottoms.

S

Sable_Jan

Got the sewing bug at the moment. Am making pyjama bottoms. I then buy t shirts a size too big from Tesco and decorate them with something made from the fabric from the bottoms.

Creative use of leftover material and good way to get matching sets of pjs. T-shirts material is difficult to sew and they're cheap to buy ready made so best of both for value and individuality.
Any pictures?

Reminds me of when I got married and money was tight. I still had 3 white cotton shirts left from school and covered the collars and cuffs in contrast materials, one blue, one green and one red tartan and changed the buttons to match.....

Last edited:

magsiesss

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Went to a monthly craft club organised by somebody at work for friends, colleagues and family members.

I think quite a few people have been converted to sewing after the many 9 square disappearing patches created last night ... as all the ladies from my other craft club became tutors for the evening

A good time had by all