So this happened...

Hedonista

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Last night I found myself using a square of 85% chocolate to scoop a big mouthful of extra thick double cream out of the pot, and sprinkling it with stevia before downing it like an oyster... twice.

I suppose this is at least still low carb!

Reactions: 3 people

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Nothing bad there carb wise - but ewwwww - sorry personal prefrence but the thought of that made me go green and not with envy lol - but it's pretty guilt free so glad you enjoyed it :)

Reactions: 2 people

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Last night I found myself using a square of 85% chocolate to scoop a big mouthful of extra thick double cream out of the pot, and sprinkling it with stevia before downing it like an oyster... twice.

I suppose this is at least still low carb!

Maybe one to add to the recipe section? Not sure about the stevia addition, but sometimes we need something sweet ;)

ChrisSamsDad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
UKIP, royalty, football, gin, goat's cheese.
I made some oxtail broth last night and stood there slurping up the fat globules from the surface - it was freaking glorious!

Reactions: 7 people

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I had half a dozen squares of 70% Orange Dark Chocolate, and half a tub of Oppo Salted Caramel ice cream last night, but not together! Sometimes we need to indulge ourselves.:)

Reactions: 4 people

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
@Hedonista
Wow if that is a lapse you have nothing to worry about.
Cheers

ExD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Have you tried the Lyndt dark chocolate with chilli? (reminder to self - try it with cream) i wonder if you could grate it up and add to whipped cream and freeze as ice cream? Will let you know.

Jasperville

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've tried to mix melted 85% choc, double cream and erythritol in the past, hoping to make something that would taste like a cadbury's dessert pot............didn't work, but nothing wrong with dark chocolate and cream - bet it didn't spike you at all.

nelibonsai

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
quacks
You must try my banana chocolate cake. Half has 15g carbs and it is divine...also only 2 min to make in the microwave,

Hedonista

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I've tried to mix melted 85% choc, double cream and erythritol in the past, hoping to make something that would taste like a cadbury's dessert pot............didn't work, but nothing wrong with dark chocolate and cream - bet it didn't spike you at all.

I made the amazing low carb chocolate cheesecake at Christmas, and the top layer is double cream with chocolate melted in it and chilled. I've just made that top layer, several times since. I put it in a glass with a few blueberries on top - friends who've come for dinner think they're getting a really posh pudding!

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I would have skipped the stevia and put a raspberry on the top.

Sounds lush. Wistful sigh.