Off my Metformin in just over 4 months :)

evelygtc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
non
Hi all,

Good News
My bg level has come down after I stick to LCHF diet and adding some apple cider vinegar to my plain water when I feel thirsty.
Drink in between meals 4 times a day.

Can Apple Cider Vinegar really helps in lowering my blood glucose?

Thank you all for all your views and help.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

Reactions: 2 people

evelygtc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
non
On 80 mg glyclicide before breakfast and before dinner.
Also on linagliptin (Trajenta) in the morning.
Now bg under control.
So happy.
Thanks to you all

srobertson06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cycling, Exercise Classes
You have done exceptionally well, congratulations - I would say we are all aiming on what you have achieved and when I have read your comments on various messages you have always sounded so positive.
I will miss your conversations - perhaps you could just keep us all informed now and then as to how you are getting on.

evelygtc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
non
O. K. I will do that.
This forum has uplifted me. Initially I was so depressed and afraid as diabetes is something very new to me.
After reading on the things shared I tried all ways to let my bg down.
I have achieved it!
By medication
Self testing
Go for LCHF food.
Thanks to all the sharing.

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You have done exceptionally well, congratulations - I would say we are all aiming on what you have achieved and when I have read your comments on various messages you have always sounded so positive.
I will miss your conversations - perhaps you could just keep us all informed now and then as to how you are getting on.

Thanks for your kind words. I had intended to stick around but maybe not now. Good luck on your own journey :)

AtkinsMo

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@PenfoldAPD of course you must stick around! Everybody has who has huge success with lifestyle change has so much to contribute! If everybody who has success disappears the expertise and experience disappears with them. Your postings are always positive and encouraging. Keep informing us of your progress / maintenance of control and keep encouraging others!

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@AtkinsMo thank you, I had a wobble yesterday but all good again and I'm a positive diabetic who loves the support and friendship of these forums - I'm not going anywhere :)

Now, who is going to tell me off for eating too much Oppo icecream last night ....? Straight out of the tub - but SO good! and maybe even worth the 7.1 this morning. Will eat less next time - and not out of the tub!

AtkinsMo

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I've abandoned ice cream. I bought myself an ice cream maker last year as I was missing it so much, but never managed to make a good low carb ice cream. I suppose it doesn't help a recipe that I also try to avoid artificial sweeteners like the plague. So now I settle for a real coffee, with half an inch of double cream floating on the top and a square of 85% chocolate.

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
Hi @PenfoldAPD
I have been away for a few weeks but had to congratulate you on your success. You're right that this is a great site but you have also been an active contributor. Good luck with the BP and Cholesterol but I'm sure you will sort those with the same determination you applied to the Diabetes. I look forward to see you posting on your progress with them and what sort of balance you settle on with your diet going forward
Cheers

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
How very kind of you @muzza3 I think I'm still adjusting to no Metformin am but my stomach is certainly better :) I have a review in 3 months for the others meds - fingers crossed ;)