Toast Bread

kiwifrank

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rudeness, Arrogance and warm beer
Diagnosed T2 a couple of months ago and still on a learning curve and enjoy this forum for tips etc. I enjoy my bacon, eggs & mushrooms for breakfast but no longer have white bread, I miss my toast, you suppose toasted white bread is ok?

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
White bread would be the worst type of bread. You could try it, then test after 2 hours to see how it affects you. Wholemeal bread would be better - that's what I usually have with a fried breakfast. Burgen Soya & Linseed bread is even better, or a toasted LIDL High Protein Roll has the least carbs.

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think the general consensus would be NO.

But every one is an individual and everyone will want to have a lifestyle that balances health with their other needs and wants.

Try the White bread, and see what the results are and then judge how that impacts what you are trying to achieve. Experimentation can be fun, and will help you find out what you can or cannot tolerate.

kiwifrank

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Thank you....will give it a go

ffslma

All bread is not good for us. I was told to eat seaded bread. You know the ones with pumpkin seads (and other seads) in it. You shouldn't eat more then 2 slices of bread a day which ever kind you choose. Enjoy your 2 slices with your bacon egg and mushrooms ☺

Redsnapper

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hey I'm with you on some toast with brekkie!! Unfortunatley for me white bread toasted is not great.
However there are alternatives available in the UK. I'm not sure where you are? Livi life bread is a pretty good wholemeal prepacked loaf.But by far the best option are Lidl's High Protein Rolls with only about 11g per roll and that's good enough for three good slices of toast.And in good LCHF style best with plenty of butter and scrambled eggs

Reactions: 2 people

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
Diagnosed T2 a couple of months ago and still on a learning curve and enjoy this forum for tips etc. I enjoy my bacon, eggs & mushrooms for breakfast but no longer have white bread, I miss my toast, you suppose toasted white bread is ok?

Well done in the magnificent breakfast routine.

Personally I would stay well away from your white toast:)

Sounds like you've made a great start:)!

Diagnosed 13/4/16: T2, no meds, HbA1c 53, FBG 12.6, Trigs 3.6, HDL .75, LDL 4.0, BP 169/95, BPM 85, 13st 8lbs, waist 34" (2012 - 17st 7lbs, w 42").

16/6/16: FBG AV 4.6, Trigs 1.5, HDL 2.0, LDL 3.0, BP 112/68, BPM 6O, 11st 5lbs, waist 30", PWV 7.0. Lifelong migraines and hay fever gone.

Regime: 25g LCHF, run 1 mile daily, weekly fasting, occasionally longer fasts.

kiwifrank

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hey I'm with you on some toast with brekkie!! Unfortunatley for me white bread toasted is not great.
However there are alternatives available in the UK. I'm not sure where you are? Livi life bread is a pretty good wholemeal prepacked loaf.But by far the best option are Lidl's High Protein Rolls with only about 11g per roll and that's good enough for three good slices of toast.And in good LCHF style best with plenty of butter and scrambled eggs
Thanks for that, Im in NZ and there is a vogel brad here that I believe is ok however im trying to move away from bread totally

Reactions: 2 people

kiwifrank

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Well done in the magnificent breakfast routine.

Personally I would stay well away from your white toast:)

Sounds like you've made a great start:)!

Diagnosed 13/4/16: T2, no meds, HbA1c 53, FBG 12.6, Trigs 3.6, HDL .75, LDL 4.0, BP 169/95, BPM 85, 13st 8lbs, waist 34" (2012 - 17st 7lbs, w 42").

16/6/16: FBG AV 4.6, Trigs 1.5, HDL 2.0, LDL 3.0, BP 112/68, BPM 6O, 11st 5lbs, waist 30", PWV 7.0. Lifelong migraines and hay fever gone.

Thanks Kevin, love a cooked breakfast weekends porridge through the week

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
Thanks for that, Im in NZ and there is a vogel brad here that I believe is ok however im trying to move away from bread totally

Quite a few people on here eat Vogel bread. I love bread, but am very very sensitive to it... Ah well:)

My daughter-in-law is a Kiwi... What a great country you have!

.... Other than your rugby prowess of course...haha:)