Here comes Summer let's stay active.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
GO GO GO!!!! I've done 6000 steps including my morning run. Just another 4,000 to go....bet I don't do it today:)

Diagnosed 13/4/16: T2, no meds, HbA1c 53, FBG 12.6, Trigs 3.6, HDL .75, LDL 4.0, BP 169/95, 13st 8lbs, waist 34" (2012 - 17st 7lbs, w 42").

6/6/16: FBG AV 4.6, Trigs 1.5, HDL 2.0, LDL 3.0, BP 112/68, BPM 66, 11st 11lbs, waist 30". Lifelong migraines and hay fever gone.

Regime: 20g LCHF, run 1 mile daily, weekly fasting.
@KevinPotts , I am ecstatic if I manage 6000. Targets are increasing though.

Reactions: 2 people

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I have been trying to follow the routine advised by cardio vascular department and get a fifteen to twenty minute walk in morning and after noon so have done this mornings and will go for the second walk later today hopefully.

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
I have been trying to follow the routine advised by cardio vascular department and get a fifteen to twenty minute walk in morning and after noon so have done this mornings and will go for the second walk later today hopefully.

Good on ye @JohnEGreen:)

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum mobile app

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Did complete the extra 30 min walking, before the rain.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Well it was gone 9;30 PM but got the second walk in boy am I pooped. Got a bit wet though as rained on the return lap.:)

Reactions: 4 people

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Hi folks sorry I've been busy . Changed my job a bit and been to a conference and studying to be an improvement advisor , God knows why lol .
Anyway have been doing my 30 minutes even if some of it was walking around a conference at lunch time .

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Confession time. I have been under the weather. So had a few days off. Took myself out for a suburban walk this afternoon. Step target exceeded by 1948 steps. Have to do for today.

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Confession time. I have been under the weather. So had a few days off. Took myself out for a suburban walk this afternoon. Step target exceeded by 1948 steps. Have to do for today.

That's fine. I've strained my Achilles road running in inappropriate shoes on holiday...silly boy:)

So we'll both have to take it easy:)

Diagnosed 13/4/16: T2, no meds, HbA1c 53, FBG 12.6, Trigs 3.6, HDL .75, LDL 4.0, BP 169/95, BPM 85, 13st 8lbs, waist 34" (2012 - 17st 7lbs, w 42").

16/6/16: FBG AV 4.6, Trigs 1.5, HDL 2.0, LDL 3.0, BP 112/68, BPM 6O, 11st 5lbs, waist 30", PWV 7.0. Lifelong migraines and hay fever gone.

Regime: 25g LCHF, run 1 mile daily, weekly fasting, occasionally longer fasts.

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Yesterday was another good day - I walked up to see a friend in the afternoon and in the evening I was working at the theatre. It was a full house so there was nowhere to sit down! My feet were killing me but it was worth it :)

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ouch, @KevinPotts . Shoes are the most important attire for road running. I would never skimp on them when I used to run. Even if the rest of the kit was old, shoes first. Good quality, properly fitted running shoes.
Hope you heal soon.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yesterday was another good day - I walked up to see a friend in the afternoon and in the evening I was working at the theatre. It was a full house so there was nowhere to sit down! My feet were killing me but it was worth it :)
A bit warm for standing in the thetre, @Diamum5972 . Hope you have rested those hot feet, ready to go again.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A return to the swimming pool after a few weeks off. Water was freezing. Unless I just turned into a wimp.
Managed 45 minutes aqua exercises and 20 minutes swim.
Feels great.

Reactions: 6 people

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Ouch, @KevinPotts . Shoes are the most important attire for road running. I would never skimp on them when I used to run. Even if the rest of the kit was old, shoes first. Good quality, properly fitted running shoes.
Hope you heal soon.

Won't take long, but likely £120 on new trainers might take a bit of healing:)?

Emilian14

Type of diabetes
Type 2
You are not boring us and i like your chalenge ,i walk for 30 minutes daily and i admire nature .This help my body and mind also

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
@KevinPotts , go on, buy them. You know it makes sense.
:D

I know...my ankle is swollen around the bottom of my Achilles, so no run this morning, so I'm going to town ,credit card quivering in my hand:)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You've all done very well, as "young" Mr Grace used to say in Are You Being Served?
I've had to cut down on walking very far and the heavier gardening jobs since one knee started hurting and then the other. So I'm on heat packs (damaged back), ice packs and exercises twice a day. Maybe I should change my avatar to Mr Grace.

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
I'm going to my mums again today but I also have some recycling to do for her so that means an extra half hour walk down to the recycling plant. I'll be a skeleton by the time I get home!

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I know...my ankle is swollen around the bottom of my Achilles, so no run this morning, so I'm going not town credit card quivering n my hand:)

Please say you won't be running until it is completely healed.