New numbers today!

TabbyL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well, today I have seen the 'next stone down' for the first time.

That was nice.

Then, my 'before' bg earlier was 4.5. Yes, 4.5. Down from 16.5 at diagnosis 4 weeks ago!

Hurrah for new numbers!

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum

Reactions: 4 people

TooManyCrisps

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh I love the "next stone down" moment! I was 12 stone 9 at diagnosis but dropped steadily for the next three months, getting to "11 something" then "10 something" was fab. Sadly it's now all plateaued a bit and I'm firmly stuck in the middle of "10 something" :( I think it will be a long time before I see a "9 something". On the plus side, my Hba1c dropped from 97 to 49 in 3 months and my BMI is now in the normal range - high end of normal, but normal all the same.

Reactions: 2 people

Pink_Minx

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh I love the "next stone down" moment! I was 12 stone 9 at diagnosis but dropped steadily for the next three months, getting to "11 something" then "10 something" was fab. Sadly it's now all plateaued a bit and I'm firmly stuck in the middle of "10 something" :( I think it will be a long time before I see a "9 something". On the plus side, my Hba1c dropped from 97 to 49 in 3 months and my BMI is now in the normal range - high end of normal, but normal all the same.

Blimey - well done, you! That's a fabulous HbA1c result!

Wishing you luck for the next stone down moment.

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Well, today I have seen the 'next stone down' for the first time.

That was nice.

Then, my 'before' bg earlier was 4.5. Yes, 4.5. Down from 16.5 at diagnosis 4 weeks ago!

Hurrah for new numbers!

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum
Well done your on your way to low numbers.:)

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That's really impressive! Now just keep up your good work.

Robbity