Clinic Tomorrow

MH2010

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Cant believe its been 3 months since my last appointment, been being a 'good diabetic' since 4th May 2015 but seriously cant be bothered with appointment.

What keeps everyone motivated on days like this?

Doesnt help I hurt my foot & ankle last week & it is AGONY to walk any distance :(:mad:

Jestred

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
a good test result, but as im still celebrating my last one it may not be so good this time around. I must try harder

Reactions: 2 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
What keeps everyone motivated on days like this?

The reassurance that all is well, not just with diabetes control but also other things like kidney function, cholesterol check etc, that is why I don't mind attending my clinic appointments @MH2010 as it's important that these checks are carried out when you have diabetes.

Good luck for tomorrow :)

Reactions: 3 people

MH2010

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@noblehead the clinic I go to only check HbA1C, and urine for ketones. Nothing else.

Its a pain in the bum cause I need to get other bloods done at GP then pay £6 per print out of results, its an absolute joke.

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
@MH2010
just a little "trick" re paying for printouts.
1)Ask for each result orally
2)Write it down
3 Ask for next result
4)Write it Down.
Repeat ad inifinitum

They wil soon work out it is easier to just print it out free.

BTW I thought you were in Scotland? The http://www.mydiabetesmyway.scot.nhs.uk site should have your results!

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
@noblehead the clinic I go to only check HbA1C, and urine for ketones. Nothing else.

Its a pain in the bum cause I need to get other bloods done at GP then pay £6 per print out of results, its an absolute joke.

Right, I also get my bloods taken (and hand in a urine sample) at my gp practice and all the results are there for the clinic appointment a week later, surely your clinic will be able to access your results as they are carried out in the hospital labs.

Paying £6 for the results is a rip-off and something you shouldn't have to do @MH2010

Reactions: 4 people

DR_Hornet

Type of diabetes
Type 1

I send my surgery an email asking for the results and they send them back fairly sharpish. Costs nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum mobile app

Reactions: 2 people

MH2010

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Phoned doctor this morningg and all set to argue the fact I have to pay so much for print outs.

Fingers crossed the doc has a clue lol. Last doc hadnt even hit puberty yet and didnt have a clue about anything :(

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
You should point out to the Practice Manager at the GP Surgery that your medical records should have been available online since 1 April according to NHS guidelines.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin

Hi. You shouldn't have to pay for any recent blood test result print out. The charge is supposed to be for multiple pages of your health record.

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

Don't you have a better hospital clinic near you?