So is Exercise bad for you

mfactor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Have you tried eating something else zero carb - so say a protein snack before exercise to see if this helps? I would be interested to know if it has the same, worse or possibly even better result?

Yep, I was having a protein shake before my workout before I tried the carb trick (not much, a slice of toast perhaps) , have tried to find the article that recommended it but no luck so far..........

Reactions: 2 people

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So is exercise bad for you? It was for the guy in the gym recently who missed the pegs on the Smiths machine and dropped 80kg on his chest. Crazy thing was he removed the safety blocks before he started.

catswin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have been Type 2 for several years and had the usual battle with weight. I recently joined DawnBreakers, I have just started my second session with them. Six weeks of 45 minute workouts 5 days a week, very early in the morning, hence the name. Our trainer works us hard, but we always have a 10 minute warm up, 20 + minutes of exercises and a good cool down. So far I have not had problems with my BG levels. They are always higher in the morning than evening anyway, but overall the averages are coming down. I am also enjoying it immensely.