Not open for further replies.

KateA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Meat and now sugar and carbs!!!
For those who are interested in some facts about Brexit or Remain, this video might help. I have not read the recent comments on this thread yet but may do so before bedtime. This video is very good and explains things well.

Reactions: 2 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I have been wondering what my dad would vote, he was in the army in WW11, a paratrooper. He has dementia now and has been in a care home for 6 months tomorrow ( December 23rd 2015) ?
I would of loved to have known his answer and the reasoning behind it.
He's a canny Scot.

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Take a Pen with you when you vote as pencil crosses can be rubbed out and replaced

Lynbarn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Both my Mum and Dad had been UKIP supporters since it was started, sadly my dad is now dead and my mum is in a residential care home for dementia, so they would have both voted out, as they both came through the second World War and have always hated the Germans and Johnny Foreigner no matter where they have come from.

As for me I am now more undecided than I was 24 hours ago, I would like to leave but Cameron and Osbourne will push though such a serve budget they they can come up smelling of roses by saying we told you so.

But if we stay who do we have that could go to the EU and sort out all the problems, they could so easily veto our demands, but would Cameron push the red button and say to them if you don't agree to them then you leave me no choice but to say to the British People that the EU has reneged on the deal and he is going to take us out of it after all.

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The next 24 hours will shape the future of our great country. I'm voting Remain.

Whatever you preference JUST MAKE SURE YOU VOTE! This is probably the most important vote you will make in your lifetime.

Reactions: 7 people

RoseofSharon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The next 24 hours will shape the future of our great country. I'm voting Remain.

Whatever you preference JUST MAKE SURE YOU VOTE! This is probably the most important vote you will make in your lifetime.

I thoroughly agree!!

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Undeserving authority figures of all kinds and idiots.
4820.jpg

logindetails

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Neuropathy :-(
We can't though. A precursor to trading in the ECM is free rights of movement of work and people, so we'd have to accept that law, but instead of being able influence it, we just have to accept it..

You're so wrong - do you think the EU's largest trading partners, US, China & Russia allow "free rights of movement of work and people" for European citizens.

Lynbarn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just been and voted, I was surprised that many of the young woman in the que in front of me, where going to vote for a Brexit, there main reasons was so they can all get on to the housing ladder, I guess self interest comes a lot higher up in many people minds than what is right or wrong for the UK.

Politics have certainly broken this country.

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.
I'll be voting remain, for the sake of my generation and those that will follow.

I do agree with a lot of what John Oliver has to say in this shortish video [SOME STRONG LANGUAGE, BE WARNED!]:

Reactions: 5 people

mahola

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Remain. For my children's future.

We didn't win two world wars on our own...

Reactions: 4 people

olijp

Type of diabetes
Type 1
You're so wrong - do you think the EU's largest trading partners, US, China & Russia allow "free rights of movement of work and people" for European citizens.
I'm not wrong at all.

Of course those countries don't. But their relationships to the ECM are completely different to ours. That isn't a fair comparison. They don't have any adjusted taxation, rebates, or common pricing agreements...

Silas

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta.
I'll be voting remain, for the sake of my generation and those that will follow.

I do agree with a lot of what John Oliver has to say in this shortish video [SOME STRONG LANGUAGE, BE WARNED!]:

Hi,
I have just received an email today from some German friends.
He is a successful businessman with a chain of shoe shops in Bavaria.

I was surprised to hear that he is also fed up with the bureaucracy of Brussels, high levels of immigration, high taxes and waste. He says if corporation tax increases beyond the 50% he will shut up shop.

He is hoping that the British will VOTE FOR BREXIT so that common sense will kick in and Brussels will realise its mistakes.

Trouble is it is too close to call.

Lynbarn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Funny enough that was the other point I heard at my polling station to day that we are not the only country which is feed up for being taken as a bunch of suckers, many across the EU are hoping we would go for a Brexit as it might just make the EU stop and think about what it is doing or it could lead to a number of other countries also asking for a referendum, either way there are going to be a number of long nights trying to work out a deal for this project to carry on one way or another Europe is never going to be the same again and if we do leave, don't forget it might not just be us trying to set up new trade deals with the EU but other dissatisfied countries who will also want to leave the EU.

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
I wonder what sort of impact if any the terrible weather will have on the referendum?

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.