2016/17 Football Season

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Arrogant and ignorant people.
Carlisle fans face a 700-mile opening weekend round trip to Portsmouth.
@Cumberland pack yer bucket and spade lad prepare for a Seaside holiday assuming of course Pompy has a beach etc :D

KateA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Meat and now sugar and carbs!!!
Up here in Scotland, the Scottish Championship League games start a week earlier on 6th August. My team, Dumbarton have an away opening game at Dunfermline. That suits me as Dunfermline is quite close to where I live.

The League Cup group fixtures kick off on 16th of July. Start of the season cannot come quick enough.

Reactions: 6 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
@Cumberland, today you have signed Mike Jones.
He is a local lad and came through Rovers academy.
Good signing!

Reactions: 4 people

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Up here in Scotland, the Scottish Championship League games start a week earlier on 6th August. My team, Dumbarton have an away opening game at Dunfermline. That suits me as Dunfermline is quite close to where I live.

The League Cup group fixtures kick off on 16th of July. Start of the season cannot come quick enough.

We have friendly games in July to warm up and our lot also have a trip to Austria for a couple of games over there with 2 German teams this time. Then the real season gets under way on 6th August :)

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Let's hope all our teams except Man U of course have a really good season

Reactions: 5 people

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm here

Like you say an away day opener down in Portsmouth and our season closes with another away day at Exeter

Start and finish away eh that happened to us once and i cant remember which manager it was but he complained that we were always finishing the season away and from then on in it got changed so we finish at home every time

Reactions: 2 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I knew youd like that Zand sorry but its time we did better than you :D Good Morning my dear all is well in Love and Football ;):D:D
Yep and that's the only places that all is well with me today. Thank goodness for this thread eh?

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The search for a Saints Manager continues. Apparently Pellegrini is off the shortlist (thank God) and Claude Puel is the current favourite.

Claude who? Me too, but I'd hardly heard of Ronnie K, either......

In other news, we have signed Nathan Redmond from Norwich, which is good news. The club are denying that he is intended as a replacement for Sadio Mané, should he decide to depart (which I fear he will :() but it would be a handy signing if the worst happens. Saints are rumoured to be holding out for £40 million for Mané, which would be a pretty good return on the £10 million they paid for him :)

Onwards and, erm, onwards, I suppose.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
The search for a Saints Manager continues. Apparently Pellegrini is off the shortlist (thank God) and Claude Puel is the current favourite.

Claude who? Me too, but I'd hardly heard of Ronnie K, either......

In other news, we have signed Nathan Redmond from Norwich, which is good news. The club are denying that he is intended as a replacement for Sadio Mané, should he decide to depart (which I fear he will :() but it would be a handy signing if the worst happens. Saints are rumoured to be holding out for £40 million for Mané, which would be a pretty good return on the £10 million they paid for him :)

Onwards and, erm, onwards, I suppose.

Puel is a good coach!

Why do you persistently sell off your best players?

Especially to premiership rivals.

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Puel is a good coach!

Why do you persistently sell off your best players?

Especially to premiership rivals.
I've been doing some emergency homework on Puel, since reading about the possibility of him becoming manager, and I like what I see: in particular, he shares the ethos of bringing on players from the youth academy, and has experience in Europe.

As to why we sell players - I wish I knew :( We don't have the financial firepower of the really big boys, so I guess when a good offer comes along, we have to take it. However, this has given us a reputation as a club that will sell even its best players if somebody stumps up enough cash, and this makes us a target for other clubs with money to burn. So far this summer, we've only lost Victor Wanyama but I reckon Mané is a cert to go and there is now talk of Shane Long attracting interest as well. I guess Steven Davis could also be a target, given the magnificent way in which he has lead Northern Ireland in the Euros, but he's literally just signed a new contract with us, so hopefully.......

Reactions: 2 people

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Carlisle fans face a 700-mile opening weekend round trip to Portsmouth.
@Cumberland pack yer bucket and spade lad prepare for a Seaside holiday assuming of course Pompy has a beach etc :D
I wouldn't bother with the bucket and spade, if I were you, but it might be wise to take a mace spray and a rape alarm - even if you're a bloke :D :D