LucyM88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
195d0e1da39456caa38476a8a040c6a4.jpg

3ccd50484dce5aba32041dc5cb8e1f9a.jpg

579d8790b2ff39e0e270cffc15f7d553.jpg

Just thought I'd post this here. Saw this in Tesco. 4 chunks of the Chocologic for 2.5 of carbs compared to usual Cadbury chocolate 3 chunks 7.8 of carbs. Chocologic do dark, milk and milk&hazelnut

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum mobile app

Reactions: 3 people

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Have you tried it? Would be interested to know what it tastes like. Contains Stevia and some people don't like the taste.

I opted for 90% Lindt chocolate recently, didn't like it but the 85% one is lovely. Can't see cocoa solids % for the Chocologic above - but it is low carb, and gets quite a good review on a blog I've just read.

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I got a box of little chocs of this at Christmas with the dark, milk and white - they where quite nice for a change although the white was like sucking a sugar cube! - they lasted me for a few months and I used the white ones melted for puddings instead of sweetener - my bs were OK on them but I don't really eat a lot of chocolate anyway - about once a week sometimes less

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
http://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=290069878

It's only 55% cocoa, that's very low for dark chocolate. I'll give it go but not expecting it to have as much as a hit as the proper stuff.
Your right - once you are used to good dark choc nothing else will do - I think for those who really really crave choc and can't get away with the dark stuff this may be useful as a treat - I am not a great lover of chocolate and never ate it much even before diagnosis- now if there was only a 90% equivalent crisp - hold me back!!!

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Have you tried it? Would be interested to know what it tastes like. Contains Stevia and some people don't like the taste.

I opted for 90% Lindt chocolate recently, didn't like it but the 85% one is lovely. Can't see cocoa solids % for the Chocologic above - but it is low carb, and gets quite a good review on a blog I've just read.
It contains 1.2 g of polyols per 4 chunks. which implies artificial sweetners added. This is enough to stimulate an insulin response and amylase release, so it may increase insulin resistance in T2D. Not suitable on fasting days?

phil1966

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've tried it and it's OK, but too sweet for my taste nowadays - I prefer 90% Lindt :)

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Does it definitely say it contains Stevia? I'm curious because I didn't think it was actually a polyol as such.

But I'm sticking to my Lindt 85% dark choccie regardless.

Robbity

PS OK I've answered my own question now - it's got the usual mix of stevia, and erythritol (which is one...

Last edited by a moderator:

greener

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I like the Sukrin chocolate. I like that it's properly sized, not too small, not too big, I like that it's milk chocolate (I don't like too dark chocolate) and it only has 4g net carbs afair. Pity they dont do nutty with almonds etc.

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Someone once told me they melt 85% chocolate and mix it with some nuts and some citrus zest to make their own nut chocolate. Haven't tried this yet but I really must

ChrisSamsDad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
UKIP, royalty, football, gin, goat's cheese.
OK, I tried it, was a bit worried about the inulin - that's the stuff in jerusalem artichokes that makes the side effects of metformin seem as nothing - I kept expecting Alien to burst out of my guts last time I had some. Anyway, obviously not enough to trigger that kind of response, and I liked the taste a lot, the plain is very smooth and the milk chocolate is creamy but not too sweet. I tried a bit the first night - about 4 squares and didn't see any effect on my BS. Had about 10 squares the next night and again, no effect. I'm a fan.