Type 1: Worst hypo ever!

LaurenMoffitt

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
I was driving my horse and carriage this evening and suddenly felt obscure. Tested and was 3. Now home and feeling absolutely awful. Be glad to go to bed soon.

Lynz84

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Some of your experiences are just frightening!! So glad you all recovered! My lowest was 1.9 and boy did i feel it. Just about managed to down a bottle of lucozade (no idea where the strength came from) and lay on the floor of my living room drifting in and out of sleep until i was properly awake. Only for the lucozade im not sure wat would have happened!!! I now keep lucozade in every room of the house just in case lol

Sent from my SM-G920F using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

Reactions: 2 people

claire1991

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Some of your experiences are just frightening!! So glad you all recovered! My lowest was 1.9 and boy did i feel it. Just about managed to down a bottle of lucozade (no idea where the strength came from) and lay on the floor of my living room drifting in and out of sleep until i was properly awake. Only for the lucozade im not sure wat would have happened!!! I now keep lucozade in every room of the house just in case lol

Sent from my SM-G920F using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

I've done the same Lynz! A bottle of lucozade on the floor of every room just in case!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SRO

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It's a horrible feeling going that low!
I woke up late one Saturday a month or so ago, took my insulin for breakfast but got caught up with something - an hour and a bit later I felt AWFUL - tested and was 1.5! Severely panicked, ate a full bag of Jelly babies and never missed breakfast after injecting ever again!

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Been diabetic for over 35 years now and have had a few pretty bad hypos especially in the beginning. Looking back some of them are actually funny now bit obviously not at the time

After being let out of hospital when I was first diagnosed, a few days later my now wife and another couple decided to go away for the day. As we made out way to the bus stop, I said that I was feeling a little light headed. Next thing I remember was being shaken asking if I was OK. Apparently I had passed out, it had been raining lightly and there was only 1 puddle in the street and gues who fell into it.

My ears also felt funny and when i rubbed them they were all sticky. My friends on seeing me collapse went into the shop on the instruction of my girlfriend to get something sugary. They came out with a 2lb bag of sugar are were trying to put this into my mouth but I kept struggling and it went all into my ears.

Another bad one was again I felt low and went into Woolworths to get a chocolate bar. Apparently I did not reach the counter instead they had just finished creating this lovely display stand of chocolates and I went head first into this

Reactions: 6 people

Tanny35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Not the worst hypo by a long stretch but woke this morning at 5am and started picking fluff off the carpet. It all got too much so I got the hoover out. The other half woke up and asked me WTH I was doing. Well, I was obviously having a hypo. 2.2. I like to clean up when I have a hypo. All normal like! o_O

Wish I liked to clean whilst in a hypo lol! I don't have that problem ever I hate cleaning

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum mobile app

Tanny35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Been diabetic for over 35 years now and have had a few pretty bad hypos especially in the beginning. Looking back some of them are actually funny now bit obviously not at the time

After being let out of hospital when I was first diagnosed, a few days later my now wife and another couple decided to go away for the day. As we made out way to the bus stop, I said that I was feeling a little light headed. Next thing I remember was being shaken asking if I was OK. Apparently I had passed out, it had been raining lightly and there was only 1 puddle in the street and gues who fell into it.

My ears also felt funny and when i rubbed them they were all sticky. My friends on seeing me collapse went into the shop on the instruction of my girlfriend to get something sugary. They came out with a 2lb bag of sugar are were trying to put this into my mouth but I kept struggling and it went all into my ears.

Another bad one was again I felt low and went into Woolworths to get a chocolate bar. Apparently I did not reach the counter instead they had just finished creating this lovely display stand of chocolates and I went head first into this

They're not funny at the time but after I always have a laugh

Tanny35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Years ago, people with diabetes were apparently locked up - they didn't know it was diabetes, and when people were in hypos they thought they were possessed. Lol imagine that now - we would all be locked away together by now!

lisacp

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My worst hypo was an overnight/ early morning.
I don't really have any memories of it but according to my two children aged 8 and 10 it went a bit like this.
They thought I had overslept so came to wake me up.
I startedto shout that I needed to sleep.
My 8 year old daughter noticed that I was hypo and tried to call for help..I took the phone and threw it. I then asked her for the phone I had my mobile and landline but couldn't work either so I threw them. In the end my daughter took the phone and called my husband. As He Was by now in work and it would have taken him an hour to get home he called my father in law to come and help.
He came around and I was naked lol. He tried to give me Lucozade but I insisted that I put my socks on first.
In the end I drank the Lucozade and returned to the land of the living.
Would love to know what my sugar was. X

Sent from my SM-G900F using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

teacher123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The lowest I've been is 1.4 ! I had been on a long cycle, made a quick lunch and had to walk into town to sort out cheques at the bank. SHOULDN'T have taken any bolus at all but I did...then started feeling off and bam 1.4. I just laughed because knew I was an idiot and wasn't thinking straight when I bolus'd for my food. Scary but learned alot from this experience.

alexhill05

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Think my worst so far was in Cyprus, was just rolling out of town and up a hill and felt a bit weak trying to pedal up the hill. Tested at 2.3, looked in my bag which I thought was still packed with food - nothing! Rolled back into town and sat on the harbour, got my phone out to work out where to go. Dead phone! Must of sat there for like half an hour before I managed to just start walking in a hunt for sugar, luckily within 2 minutes I'd found somewhere to stay and managed to ask for some sugar, could've been worse, but certainly scared the **** out of me!

MrBrightside

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
1.8 for me, right after a swim (doh!) now i adjust for exercise and keep a sugary drink with me!