Manually insert an infusion site?!

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Try it. With the inserter cap on it gives you something to hold onto, so in theory you can do it.

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ah I see:)
I don't use a pump, but as far as I can see from previous threads discussing the flex-link infusion set - the assist is optional. Just something to help make the process easier.
Go with what Tim says and I'm sure you'll be fine:)

Grant

Jodiegriff23

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Ah I see:)
I don't use a pump, but as far as I can see from previous threads discussing the flex-link infusion set - the assist is optional. Just something to help make the process easier.
Go with what Tim says and I'm sure you'll be fine:)

Grant
Ok thank you!

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thank you, I'll try it next time

Be careful and test often if you've not inserted one manually before. Some people have found the cannula has kinked or bent.

I've never used those sets. I prefer sets made for manual insertion. If it's not something you're used to doing, it may take a few goes to get right.

Medusa41

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
hi does anybody know if you can insert a Accu-Check flex link infusion set manually?

Not tried it but my link assist broke on Friday so just ordered a new one & have a spare luckily. I was wondering that though. Let us know if it works!

Chas C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Just tried it for first time, pretty easy to do.

CapnGrumpy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I find it a bit hit and miss manually inserting Flexlinks. Quite often the cannula bends, so I don't do it any more. I carry an Animas Inset 2 or Inset 30 (no separate inserter) or an Animas Contact Detach (no inserter) as an emergency spare. They use the same Luer lock connector.

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've never done it manually - and I've got two inserters in case the springs go on one of them. I think I'd really, really struggle.....

Might be a good idea for me to at least have a go manually, just so I know I can. This thread has prompted me to do that - thank you @Jodiegriff23 .

:)