GOOD AFTERNOON/EVENING.

D

debrasue

Too late, he retired last year and most of the time he really is driving me doolally. I feel like Bo Peep too.
If I get up it's 'where you going now?'
And did you know I hide the kettle and teabags because I keep getting asked if it's time for a cuppa and am I going to put said kettle on.
The weekly shop, where do I start? I'll never moan again about doing it on my own (if I get the chance).

And he moves things from where they're usually kept. He 'organized' my kitchen cupboards :bigtears:

But my 'favourites' have to be..........I've done the dishes, hoovering, dusting FOR YOU!!! As though I'm the only 1 that has eaten or left bits on the floor :rolleyes:.

After 40 odd years together he really knows how to yank my chain. I still love him to bits but wish Tesco's sold patience by the ton.
Oh, I can SOOOOO relate to this!! My own personal favourite is "I've taken the laundry upstairs for you." It was all HIS laundry - and he didn't actually put any of it away, just took it upstairs and left it on the bed!!!! I've started saying it to him now, to see if he gets the message - "I've emptied the dishwasher for you. I've cleaned the toilet for you." but he just gets shirty.
You're right ladies - there is NO hope, but at least we're all in this together.
;)

Reactions: 6 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Afternoon, weather is awful here, windy, wet and cold for June. I have football withdrawals since I can only watch one match tonight and the other one later lol. :)

Reactions: 2 people

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
I wish the weather would make up its mind! When I walked to my mums this morning it was sweltering hot but when we came home just now it was drizzling!

Reactions: 3 people

doolallylady

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi everyone,

Hope you're all well and not too bored with the football.
Well done Wales!!!!

William, hope the knee is not getting you down too much. It's so miserable to be in constant pain, sending cwtches your way xx

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
Got appointment this morning to have the Ultrasound Scan for my Liver - a week tomorrow. (Thursday).

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Like Arnie - I'm baaaack! I've missed you all- @doolallylady and @debrasue - I only had my lovely hubby to talk to for an entire week! @liam1955 sorry to hear about the fracture kisses and hugs from me. Hope you are all well? I'll post some pics on naturefile once I get unpacked etc
p.s I ate all sorts of "naughty" delicious things and I've put on 6lbs aaargh!

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Like Arnie - I'm baaaack! I've missed you all- @doolallylady and @debrasue - I only had my lovely hubby to talk to for an entire week! @liam1955 sorry to hear about the fracture kisses and hugs from me. Hope you are all well? I'll post some pics on naturefile once I get unpacked etc
Welcome back Anna, it's wonderful to see you again. Never mind about the weight gain, you enjoyed yourself and that's the important thing

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hello my dear friend @13lizanne - Anna. I am so glad your tummy trouble settled and you were able to enjoy the "naughty" things on Holiday - Good on You. (That 6lb will be gone in no time at all) :) Wmx

D

debrasue

Yaaaayyyyyy!! Welcome back, Anna - we missed you! I hope you had a wonderful holiday and I can't wait to see the pictures.
:)

doolallylady

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Anna,

Glad to see you back, hope the holiday went really well and hubby didn't make you think of violence too often :rolleyes:. Karen xx

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Hello - still sane, despite finding a flat tire when we went to pack the car for our homeward journey and hubby managing to split the thingy that unscrews the bolts from the tyre while trying to prise the last bolt off. We had to climb half-way up a hill to obtain mobile phone reception then the guy at AA could only manage to send out a repairman two hours later etc etc Hubby didn't swear once, wish that I could say the same:inpain::D:arghh:

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
Hello - still sane, despite finding a flat tire when we went to pack the car for our homeward journey and hubby managing to split the thingy that unscrews the bolts from the tyre while trying to prise the last bolt off. We had to climb half-way up a hill to obtain mobile phone reception then the guy at AA could only manage to send out a repairman two hours later etc etc Hubby didn't swear once, wish that I could say the same:inpain::D:arghh:

Don't you just love those moments....NOT:)

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@noodl3s - Have you heard of the Dawn Phenomenon? (Liver Dumping) that can and does happen to quite a lot of Diabetics. At what time is your last meal of the day for you?

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@debrasue - I like your New Avatar = Brilliant. :D William.

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Decided on this Avatar today for a change. Don't want to push my luck? :D