Anti-scream thread

Pink_Minx

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
b57c20125a808ecec2bd231c9dd52c06.jpg

My wolf & GSD puppy

Oh, the GSD looks so confused! I'm glad there are a few of us who are old enough to know better but don't care!

Reactions: 6 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
I don't worry about anything really. Since surviving critical illnesses in 2009 and 2012 I don't waste calories worrying anymore. I'm just glad to be here and seeing the view outside is enough. I keep life simple, am easily pleased and any goals in my life are basic and easy to achieve. :)

Reactions: 8 people

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Thought you might enjoy some more pics from woodland. These are from our holiday last week in Southern Scotland - pics from our morning walks and last pic view from our accommodation @Pink_Minx there wasn't a sound at night since we were in the middle of nowhere, I was thinking of you and wishing for you the same silence

Attachments

• DSCF4522.JPG
    DSCF4522.JPG
    254.1 KB · Views: 150
  • DSCF4521.JPG
    DSCF4521.JPG
    264.9 KB · Views: 157
  • DSCF4518.JPG
    DSCF4518.JPG
    246.4 KB · Views: 151
  • DSCF4493.JPG
    DSCF4493.JPG
    171.9 KB · Views: 171
Reactions: 3 people
S

Sable_Jan

Thought you might enjoy some more pics from woodland. These are from our holiday last week in Southern Scotland - pics from our morning walks and last pic view from our accommodation @Pink_Minx there wasn't a sound at night since we were in the middle of nowhere, I was thinking of you and wishing for you the same silence
Very relaxing. My friend stays on the borders, Wauchope Cottages. Dog friendly.

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Yes, that area is a bit south of where we stay but our accommodation welcomes dogs too. It's so peaceful Jan and ideal for walkers - both 2 and 4 footed varieties

Reactions: 3 people

Pink_Minx

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Oh, @13lizanne - that is so beautiful! We were just talking about going to Scotland for a holiday quickly in case another referendum means we'll need a visa to get there! Hope you had an amazing holiday.

Also, thank you for thinking of me at night (I think! )

ps - downstairs idiot has been loads better with noise, so I'm thinking my husband had an effect!

Reactions: 2 people
C

chris lowe

@chris lowe sometimes has to referee bedroom fistypaws between the cats

They've been at it this afternoon. Alfie dares to try & sit in the bay window with her, she hisses & spits & they're off. Up the stairs, she dives under my dressing table & we can hear Alfie banging on the floor as he tries to get at her.

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum

S

Sable_Jan

Can't get more of an anti scream than this. 7.9 pre dinner, 5.1 post.
I made some date and walnut cakes and although I used Total Sweet (xylitol so must remember not to let dogs have any) I'd been licking at the mixture on my fingers after scraping off spatula ... and a few more bits fell into my mouth...
Hungry now and fancy a bit of said cake but it's homemade fish cakes for tea.....so best not

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
feeling a little stressy as we have five dogs so can not go on holliday unless have a caravan.....hubby decided we having one even though he does not drive....so guess who got to tow it, went out yesterday and bought a caravan it wont be ready till next week then i got to get it to my mums house as I have no drive big enough to put it on.........was not diabetic when i used to tow before so naturaly am feeling arghhhhhhhh...Rant over

S

Sable_Jan

feeling a little stressy as we have five dogs so can not go on holliday unless have a caravan.....hubby decided we having one even though he does not drive....so guess who got to tow it, went out yesterday and bought a caravan it wont be ready till next week then i got to get it to my mums house as I have no drive big enough to put it on.........was not diabetic when i used to tow before so naturaly am feeling arghhhhhhhh...Rant over
Don't worry, I'm sure you'll be fine as you have towed before.
Wauchope Cottages on the Scottish Borders are nice and DO take dogs, lots of dogs, BIG dogs