test results

ebony321

Dislikes
Tomatoes, Rude people, Bees!
HELOOOOO

got my test results today and i have no thyroid disease YEY!

and after a month and a half of actually trying to control my diabetes my HBA1C is now down to 12.1% from 16.1% (please dont say its still bad as i know too well it is!!!)

soooooo thats a month and a half of results over 20-30+ and a month and a half good results so im pretty pleased with that :eek:) (my DN couldnt believe it)

next step DAFNE wooooo!

just wanted to share as im dead chuffed

so hopefully my next one should be even lower EEEEEEEE!!! :):)

SophiaW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Well done :) 12% isn't good but it's certainly better than 16% so you're heading in the right direction, keep up the good work and I'm sure the next one will be even better :)

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Nice one ebony! :)

Nigel

suzi

Dislikes
people who are rude and ignorant, and people who have no patience in queues.
Great result Ebony,
You have managed to shave 4.0 off your Hba1c in 6 weeks, just imagine what you can do in the next 6 wks. Good Luck and well done, your heading in the right direction,
Suzi x

MelanieL

Congratulations Ebony - you've made a really positive start, and the numbers are definitely heading in the right direction. Hope you're feeling chuffed with yourself and motivated to keep up the good work!

Glad the thyroid tests were negative - one less thing to have to deal with.

Curleous

Dislikes
bad manners and rudeness
well done

i am on lantus and novorapid and diagnosed last july with a hb1 of 12.8 .....last one in december was 5.7 so keep focussed. i still eat a normal helathy diet but have certainly watched carb intake but find it difficult to find low carb snacks and am increasingly concerned about the weight gain.

keep it going

Curleous

ebony321

Dislikes
thankyou fo all your replies and i will certainly keep going,,,

isaw my diabetes consultant and i cannow be referred to DAFNE!!!

wahey.

better yet if i can get my HBA1C down more by march i can have a pump!!!!!

my area luckily has seperate funding for pumps and he said they actually arelooking for people to o on thepump so im so chuffed!!!

thankyou and hoefully the next one will be jawdropping hehe!!

Jen&Khaleb

Dislikes
Not having enough time. Broken sleep.
Congrats on taking control. Show that blood sugar who's the boss.

My poor son failed the Thyroid function test. Although it was a rocky start to new meds it has actually made his bsl's easier to control now his TSH level is down to 6 instead of 260.

Jen

ebony321

Dislikes
awwe im sorry about your son and his thyroid!! but at least now it can be controlled and can concentrate on his diabetes :eek:)

thanks for your comment and i sure will show who's the boss :)

all the best for you and your son :)

xxxxxx

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Congratulations Ebony!
It's going in the right direction. If you haven't changed much in 2 weeks don't be upset, because most of the red cells they are testing are already present. They live about 120days. Thus you won't have a complete new set for about 4 months. The most recent ones do have a stronger effect, but the old ones will still be there
Hana

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Well done Ebony,
Thats great news , I'm sure the DAFNE course will help too, I've heard nothing but good reports about it.
Sounds really promising about the pump too. :D

ebony321

Dislikes
thanks hana!.. when i was tested i was disapointed as i did expect it to be lower as i didnt know itwas 120 days i only thought it was 90days average so hopefully my next one i hall have got rid of those horrible high results and it will be even better!!

i'm very excited about the DAFNE course as ive also heard nothing but good reviews onit, and as i don;t personally know anyone with T1 diabetes (my biological dad had it, where i got it from i guess but i haven't seenhim since i was 7 and he died when i was 13) so it will be good to actually meet someone with T1 diabetes, i know one or two with type 2 which is great even though its not the same type!!

i still have a slightly long way to go before i'm actually attached to a pump :lol:

but one step at a time will get me there and it's just fantastic that they have said once you get there you can have one yey!

thanks again for all your replies its so nice for people to understand who live with diabetes like i do how things like this improve everything so much :)