Type 2 Life

S

Sable_Jan

Reading all your talk about cake & bacon sandwiches is making me hungry, love some roast potatoes! Yorkshire pudding right now with big pot of Ben & jerrys ice cream. Hope your all well not been around much recently haveing terrible pain in neck arm shoulder & back & false hypos while in my mid 6's. but had really bad real hypo in sainsburys other day, got 2 medics to check me out, couldn't get jelly babies out my bag I was shaking & stuttering so much, ended up eating an apricot pastry! Tasted great! Bgs Was up/down all day & been getting low bp recently. Hope everyone else is well
Craving Yorkshire pudding with Ben & Jerry's you trying to tell us something

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
Happy Day here,

I have just had the results of my HbA1c test and it is 44 down from 118 in March :wideyed: to be honest I have shocked myself lol and did say "F**k Me" very loudly in the Docs reception when she handed me the print out lol

Cholesterol is down by almost two points so we can stop having the regular and very boring statin conversations and my BP has normalised at 130/80. Weight is down by 13 kilos and waist has reduced by 24 cms.

Thanks to everyone who has been supportive and given great advice x

Ok lets get this reading into normal levels!

Absolutely brilliant and your shock response in the surgery made me laugh a lot :)

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum

Reactions: 2 people
S

Sable_Jan

I love bacon sandwiches. Unfortunately, I love them nestled between two bad for me white bread toasts with mayonaise and I like to have two so that adds a killer 80-100 or so carbs to that bacon. Now I eat those rashers straight up with pepper
My favourite to wrap around the bacon is thickly sliced, fresh granary bread with lots of butter. The bread in the freezer is, I think, white with chia seeds.
Bacon with lots of pepper you can have my share

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Mm, bacon in a Lidl high protein roll ....

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
My favourite to wrap around the bacon is thickly sliced, fresh granary bread with lots of butter. The bread in the freezer is, I think, white with chia seeds.
Bacon with lots of pepper you can have my share
My bread is wholemeal. Ron has recently reintroduced it back in to his diet.

Reactions: 5 people

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
I've heard of those but not seen any the few times I've looked at the bread rolls. Mayb they sell out fast cos its evening when I get the chance to.look
If you ring the store before you go I've heard they can bake some specially for you. There's a thread about them on the Low Carb forum and several people have said they've done this

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
What a life!
Been to a&e til early hours with sick 9yr old.
He was dehydrated and a temperature, even on calpol.
Still ill because after 5hrs waiting told might be another 2 hours (3 people before us.)
I took my crying child home still with stomach pains and ill.
We'll just ride the storm on sipping water. Unsure how much liquid he's keeping as sickness and loose tummy.
I might get the oxo cube out?

Reactions: 4 people
S

Sable_Jan

What a life!
Been to a&e til early hours with sick 9yr old.
He was dehydrated and a temperature, even on calpol.
Still ill because after 5hrs waiting told might be another 2 hours (3 people before us.)
I took my crying child home still with stomach pains and ill.
We'll just ride the storm on sipping water. Unsure how much liquid he's keeping as sickness and loose tummy.
I might get the oxo cube out?
Did he ever get seen? That's atrocious a young child being left in agony

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@ickihun - Vicky, What about calling your Practise Surgery and getting the Emergency On Call Dr to visit your home? = today.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
@ickihun - Vicky, What about calling your Practise Surgery and getting the Emergency On Call Dr to visit your home? = today.
It diverts to an answering machine and advises 111.
Which I did yesterday. I'm giving him rehydration drinks as per advice on nhs on-line.
If no improvement I will call gp at 9am for a home visit or a callback. They won't want him contaminating gp practice. He was lucky in the ambulance and taxi. I wouldn't like to risk it again.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Did he ever get seen? That's atrocious a young child being left in agony
He saw a nurse who said he can now have water as ambulance asked him to wait.
Nurse assessed him as low prioriity.
He keeps crying with the stomach pains and calpol/paracetamol just going straight through him.
No ibruprofen allowed on stomach pains.
I think he was toilet shy and worried in a&e so he just sat quiet. I guess he wasnt as volatile than at home.

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
Hi:). Can someone answer this question? I had 2 Steroid Injections on Friday (3 days ago now) How soon should I start to feel the effects from the Steroid working on my joints? Because I don't feel any different! = Thanks in advance :)

Reactions: 8 people

doolallylady

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hugs & best wishes to Vicki and little one, hope he feels better soon and that you can stop worrying. xx

William, sorry haven't got a clue. Oral steroids take a while to work so maybe they're there in the background working hard for you to be in less pain, hope so. xx

Hope everyone is doing well and feeling ok. Just in case you didn't know.............football on again :bigtears:

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
Hi:). Can someone answer this question? I had 2 Steroid Injections on Friday (3 days ago now) How soon should I start to feel the effects from the Steroid working on my joints? Because I don't feel any different! = Thanks in advance :)
if what I have been reading is right , it can take from a few days to a few weeks. Hope it starts to work for you very soon.x

S

Sable_Jan

With my hips the relief was immediate. Didn't last long cos it drained right out again....within 2 days

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)

24-48 hours is the usual time they should take to work

If no effect kicking in ring your GP tomorrow