Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
I don't see anything wrong with that list! Love British food and Cadbury is my favourite! I agree with @Cumberland I don't think those car manufacturers will want to lose trade. If the EU don't want to trade, there is always the rest of the world!

Sadly Cadbury is now owned by Kraft (USA) who have changed the recipe and upped the sugar content since acquisition:)

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum

Reactions: 5 people

SunnyExpat

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sadly Cadbury is now owned by Kraft (USA) who have changed the recipe and upped the sugar content since acquisition:)

I suspect the rest of the £75M investment may be on hold for a while now.
Kraft bought it for the EU market, not just the British market.

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I suspect the rest of the £75M investment may be on hold for a while now.
Kraft bought it for the EU market, not just the British market.

No doubt about it!

Catlady19

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ironically, it appears some posters think they can support a massive expansion if they need to increase production several fold.
I foresee some disappointment when Bernard Matthews comes to the forefront of British meat production..
Well perhaps they can get some subsidy if needed from the money we will be saving from the EU or perhaps they won't need it because of all the extra money they will be charging us. o_O

Catlady19

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I bet the british farmers, and the british milk producers will even lay on a substantial discount for you, if you show the EU who's boss, and refuse to buy their produce and there's no competition for them anymore.
Also, it is about time British milk producers got a fair price for their products!!

Reactions: 2 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well perhaps they can get some subsidy if needed from the money we will be saving from the EU or perhaps they won't need it because of all the extra money they will be charging us. o_O
Theoretically they can. The British public tend to see all farmers as rich though, whilst they are happy for EU money (which we have paid in) to come back to UK farmers I don't think they will be so happy about their own taxes going direct to help the farmers. I also don't think most will be too happy to see produce prices go up and will blame the farmers for being greedy.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
He'll go for sure at the same time as Cameron, returning to the back benches as we get a right wing cabinet and PM....God help us:(

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum

Still waiting for his resignation!!

SunnyExpat

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Also, it is about time British milk producers got a fair price for their products!!

I don't know.
Do you stop at farms and buy milk, or do you use a supermarket, and buy french at present?

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Did @tim2000s actually suggest that?

Edit: my 90 year old Aunt voted remain because 'It won't affect me much, but it will be bad for you younger ones if we leave' and she's a Daily Express reader too! :)
Was also surprised to discover that my mother had voted remain, also sighting the damage a leave vote could do to the younger generations. Almost told her how proud I was of her but thought this might sound patronising! She is a Daily Mail reader!

Reactions: 4 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Some of the comments on this thread have got me thinking (yeh sorry about that, a few of you will remember what happened last time I did that...):rolleyes:

So it was a democratic vote. Democracy is good and fair. Democracy gives an equal say to all qualifying voters. That's their right. Surely though duties come hand in hand with rights? If one has the right to vote, then one has the duty to do his/her best to understand what is being voted for and what will be the consequences if that side wins? This is where 'democracy' fails. Far too many were happy to be spoonfed by the newspapers without even questioning that what was printed was correct. Far too many thought they were voting in their own best self interest (great, that's patriotic of them then:rolleyes:) only to find out next day that they had probably shot themselves in the foot and voted the wrong way.

It was never right for this important decision to be given to the people when the majority of our elected MPs (of any party) were all for remaining in the EU. So we elected these people to represent us and then took it on ourselves to go against their wishes and beliefs. What a mess! I will sit back and watch the outcome with interest.

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Still waiting for his resignation!!

He won't offer it yet...steady the ship, but he'll step down all in good time and he won't get down to the final 2 in the leadership race...doubt he'll even throw his cap in the ring.

Catlady19

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Some of the comments on this thread have got me thinking (yeh sorry about that, a few of you will remember what happened last time I did that...):rolleyes:

So it was a democratic vote. Democracy is good and fair. Democracy gives an equal say to all qualifying voters. That's their right. Surely though duties come hand in hand with rights? If one has the right to vote, then one has the duty to do his/her best to understand what is being voted for and what will be the consequences if that side wins? This is where 'democracy' fails. Far too many were happy to be spoonfed by the newspapers without even questioning that what was printed was correct. Far too many thought they were voting in their own best self interest (great, that's patriotic of them then:rolleyes:) only to find out next day that they had probably shot themselves in the foot and voted the wrong way.

It was never right for this important decision to be given to the people when the majority of our elected MPs (of any party) were all for remaining in the EU. So we elected these people to represent us and then took it on ourselves to go against their wishes and beliefs. What a mess! I will sit back and watch the outcome with interest.
But you wouldn't be complaining about democracy if remain had won. There were clearly many people who voted remain purely on the scare tactics of the remain campaign and press because they were unsure or afraid or voted "in their own best interests".

Of course most MPs said they were in remain, it was in their own best interests to do so. Are you actually saying that we should just shut up and do as our MPs tell us as a we are all too stupid to make our own decisions? We have been asking for and promised a referendum for years because a large percentage of the population were not happy with the situation. They didn't listen. Now the public has spoken and the MPs have to do something about it. Perhaps if they had taken control and done something sooner, you would not be in this situation.

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Feeling very sick now having read reports of hate notes being pushed through the doors of Polish residents. How can anyone treat a hard working community like that?

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...oles/ar-AAhDMxA?li=BBoPWjQ&ocid=mailsignoutmd

Makes you feel ashamed to be British.

I think thousands of young folk are organising several events in London this week aimed st peace and reconciliation... More about what we DO stand for rather than what we DON'T.

Reactions: 3 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
But you wouldn't be complaining about democracy if remain had won. There were clearly many people who voted remain purely on the scare tactics of the remain campaign and press because they were unsure or afraid or voted "in their own best interests".

Of course most MPs said they were in remain, it was in their own best interests to do so. Are you actually saying that we should just shut up and do as our MPs tell us as a we are all too stupid to make our own decisions? We have been asking for and promised a referendum for years because a large percentage of the population were not happy with the situation. They didn't listen. Now the public has spoken and the MPs have to do something about it. Perhaps if they had taken control and done something sooner, you would not be in this situation.
We made our decisions already by voting the MPs in to represent us!

Edit: If anyone was unsure of which way to vote, then remain (ie keeping the status quo) was the right choice.

Edit 2: I don't know about you, but I don't like being called vermin (the Poles in the news) so I'm leaving this thread now. Things have got far too serious for me to be chatting about this online.

Last edited by a moderator:

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Far too many were happy to be spoonfed by the newspapers without even questioning that what was printed was correct.

In fairness that was the same for both sides of the referendum debate @zand

There was a lady in the Question Time EU Debate audience last week who asked why she couldn't find a honest, impartial answers to the pro's & con's of staying or leaving the EU, I have to say I quite agreed with her.

Reactions: 3 people

Catlady19

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I don't know.
Do you stop at farms and buy milk, or do you use a supermarket, and buy french at present?

No farms near me unfortunately. Generally buy milk from local Co-Op, which is from British farms though.

Status
Not open for further replies.