Accu-check mobile

L3wisr

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have been looking into buying one of these as an alternative to the glucomen lx plus but not sure how reliable it is.
Could anyone share their views of it?

Cheers

Jordi77

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I've had both and I decided to go to bayer for the contour next usb meter and I have a better meter than them as they are heavy meters to carry around with you and this one is about the size of a usb stick and has a rechargeable battery inside it and you can order the plug for it and it takes your insulin doses and carbs into it but the other two don't and it will cost you loads going for batteries as they don't send them in the post to you no more thanks to the new policy from royal mail but it is up to you

Reactions: 2 people

Dodo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've been using the Accu-check Mobile for at least 10 years and love the fact that you don't have to phaff around with strips and then having to dispose of them, particularly when you're out and about. All done in less than 60 seconds. As for the batteries, Accu-chek do send them out in the post for free, as well as control solutions and diaries to record results, no cost whatsoever.

Dodo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I forgot to mention, if you go onto the Accu-chek site not only do You get the batteries free, but the actual Meter was free too. I'm on my 3rd meter now as the upgrades are also free of charge, plus a free carrying case of your choice each time you register the meter.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I forgot to mention, if you go onto the Accu-chek site not only do You get the batteries free, but the actual Meyer was free too. I'm on my 3rd meter now as the upgrades are also free of charge, plus a free carrying case of your choice each time you register the meter.

I got two of em sent. (One as a spare.) I stressed about being in trouble if one got dropped? & Also got a leather phone case cover all for gratis...

I also have a Contour USB. A great device. But all the peripherals with it in the case is about the same size as the "all in one" Mobile anyway..
I log stuff on an app, so it works for me.
But wouldn't knock the USB...!

bondj700

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes....
I have an accu chek mobile which I use when out and like others have said find that although it is bigger than other meters its convenient having meter/strip/lancer all in one. I actually picked up a spare one yesterday including 50 test cartridge from accu chek stall at an event :) Although I do really like the mobile I am looking at smaller meters and have ordered a contour next usb and also yesterday picked up a agamatrix wavesense jazz wireless which is tiny and looking forward to trying out. If anyone else got one interested to know what you think of it.

and it will cost you loads going for batteries as they don't send them in the post to you no more thanks to the new policy from royal mail but it is up to you

Accu-chek do send them out in the post for free, as well as control solutions and diaries to record results, no cost whatsoever

I don't get through many batteries in my mobile. Gets used everyday and think have changed batteries twice in about a year. My understanding is they can't send batteries through post anymore but if you contact accu chek they will send you a voucher instead.

bondj700

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes....
I have been looking into buying one of these as an alternative to the glucomen lx plus but not sure how reliable it is.
Could anyone share their views of it?

Cheers

As a type1 no need to buy one just contact accu chek and they will send you one for free :)

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I like my Mobile a lot. The best thing for me is the 50 test strips being there ready in the meter, and the finger pricker and lancets on the side. I also think it's an accurate meter.

It is heavier than my spare meter, but I feel it's robust, and the case I got with it is great quality and makes it really easy to pack into my bag neatly.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just to add. The AAA batteries in the mobile are at least easy to source from any outlet, if the power goes down...

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I've had both and I decided to go to bayer for the contour next usb meter and I have a better meter than them as they are heavy meters to carry around with you and this one is about the size of a usb stick and has a rechargeable battery inside it and you can order the plug for it and it takes your insulin doses and carbs into it but the other two don't and it will cost you loads going for batteries as they don't send them in the post to you no more thanks to the new policy from royal mail but it is up to you
@Jordi77 royal mail declare batteries being carried by a warning sticker for transport. Who told u batteries wont be carried?

Jordi77

Type of diabetes
Type 2
It's done by all the companies now and that I know as royal mail addressed it as my father works there and I know quite a few more people and they will no longer accept any company sending or transporting of any batteries from any company that do blood meters anymore and that started around 4 years ago and as when you try to order batteries for the blood meter it also tells you that on the same page so that is how I know

bondj700

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes....
It's done by all the companies now and that I know as royal mail addressed it as my father works there and I know quite a few more people and they will no longer accept any company sending or transporting of any batteries from any company that do blood meters anymore and that started around 4 years ago and as when you try to order batteries for the blood meter it also tells you that on the same page so that is how I know

READ the link below. It's ONLY cr2032 batteries which the mobile doesn't use(about only meter which doesn't) and if you have an accu chek meter which does they will send you a voucher to use at Boots

https://www.accu-chek.co.uk/gb/myaccuchek/orderaccessories.html?nav=customerservice

Jordi77

Type of diabetes
Type 2
It's for all alkaline batteries that royal mail don't accept so most of you don't understand that but that is what is currently being done by all the companies that do the blood meters and it doesn't matter what size they are I have had 3 accu-chek mobile meters and it still applies so you will get the same as the other 2 were replacement for the other 1 before hand

Jordi77

Type of diabetes
Type 2
All you need to do is try and get them and they will not come as you will be on the phone to them for a while and they will tell you what I have so I can only tell you what I already knew before hand

bondj700

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes....
It's for all alkaline batteries that royal mail don't accept so most of you don't understand that but that is what is currently being done by all the companies that do the blood meters and it doesn't matter what size they are I have had 3 accu-chek mobile meters and it still applies so you will get the same as the other 2 were replacement for the other 1 before hand

If you don't believe Accu chek how bout the Royal Mail own website:

https://business.help.royalmail.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/898/~/restricted-goods---uk

Even if you were right about postage the point is they will send you a voucher for Boots so your point about costing lots is still wrong

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've had batteries in the post for my Mobile meter recently. I've also had batteries for my pump :)

Jordi77

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Accu -chek don't produce vouchers for batteries as they never have and royal mail never have as it is not a policy to them in every box that you buy or get from the companies you get a sheet of paper that tells you that they don't provide batteries for your meter as royal mail will not deliver them due to prohibited item act 2015 but the voucher that is being provided by them is only available in selected stores which means it could be close to you or miles away and some people won't be able to get there to get them

L3wisr

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
As a type1 no need to buy one just contact accu chek and they will send you one for free :)
I did not know this! Is there a certain part of the site that allows you to register or is it just emailing?

Thank you all for the replies, will have a good look through in the morning when I'm about more awake

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I did not know this! Is there a certain part of the site that allows you to register or is it just emailing?

Thank you all for the replies, will have a good look through in the morning when I'm about more awake

I just rang em... The first time I spoke to a German guy. He sent the first one along with a different one from the range. & said choose one that you like & we'll send a spare... The second time I rang an American answered the phone. Sent the second with a case.. Came pretty quick, from memory..

1abRat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I literally received my free batteries for my mobiles from Accuchek on Thursday last week. They still post out free batteries. Duracell Ultra no less :)

The only batteries they don't post are the CR2032 lithium batteries for some of their other meters due to the increased fire risk. They give you a voucher for free ones at Boots instead.

They must make a great profit on those cassettes and strips ;)

Reactions: 3 people