Why does levemire sting so much?

edithh23

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Today I did my 5 unit levemire does but it really stung. Would anyone know why????? If so please respond.

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Today I did my 5 unit levemire does but it really stung. Would anyone know why????? If so please respond.

I'm afraid I have no idea Edith, as I have no experience of insulin, but my response will bring this back to the top of the forum lists again.

I'll tag a couple of T1s, who are adults, who might know what's made it feel uncomfortable. I don't know if they use this particular insulin.

@tim2000s , @azure - Could you help Edith, or do you know of anyone using Levemir who might be helpful?

Thanks. :)

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
My experience of Levemir is that it doesn't sting, so I'm afraid that I'm not much help in this respect. I'm also not aware of anything that should make it sting, unlike Lantus.

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

Hi @edithh23

I have a pump so I don't use Levemir, but if it doesn't usually sting maybe you just got a bad injection spot? When I was on MDI, I found that some injections were a lot more painful than others. Most times they were fine but occasionally I'd get a spot that felt very sensitive.

See how your next Levemir injection goes. If you continue to have a problem, I'd speak to your DSN.

Hope it's ok next time :)

Reactions: 2 people