Type one and libre sensor

Tylers73

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Have asked this question before but anyone or know anyone that uses the libre sensor?? Would like a few
Questions answered pls

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum mobile app

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Loads of people on this forum use the system. Myself included, but only on my second sensor.

How can we help?

Grant

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Have a search in the search box. There are dozens of threads about it. Many, many people on here use it. I'm one of them, even though I'm Type 2 not on any medication.

Perro

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
I've been using the Libre CGM sensor for 2.5 months now. There are a few issues with it. The most important being that you can't trust the reading it's giving. It seems to me as if the system is giving to low readings. More than once it has alarmed me with a low reading of less than 1.8 mmol/l (seek medical advice) while fingerprick readings with the Libre system and the Accu-check is showing 4.4 and 4.2 mmol/l. Only the first sensor, which I got with the starter pack, gave readings consistent with control fingerprick readings. I tried to ask Abbott Norway for advice on this but were told an error of 30 to 50 percent was normal and acceptable.!! That's the reason I have bought my last Abbott Libre sensor!
When I told my pharmacist he said I was not the only one having observed this poor accuracy.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Hattonma

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Tylers73 what do you want to know? I have used it a few times

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
PEPPERS BEING USED TO BULK OUT FOOD ASSUMING THAT EVERYONE LIKES THEM!!
Hi. I've just started using the libre system. To say I'm not impressed with it is an understatement. The first sensor fell off after 7 days even though I had followed the instructions carefully. My dsn told me to speak to libre to get it replaced which was 25 mins of torture with the guy repeatedly asking the same questions. To top it all I then got a phone bill for £20 as it isn't a free fone number as stated. I don't think I got any readings in the same range. The most off putting was a libre reading of 3.5 hypo but after doing finger prick I was 7.2. I'm disappointed with it and don't think I will pay for it again as it seems to vary so much. If I can't trust in then there's no point bothering with it. Overall very disappointed with it.

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum

smag3

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Doctors telling me that I probably know more than them
I have been using libre for over a year now. Happy with it. What is it you want to know?