Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

DEB260173

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rudeness, ingratitude, smugness, prejudice, nose-picking, spitting, celery, olives, Rave music, bigots, Nigel Farage, most social media.
I'm really new to testing.... Mine was 8.5 before breakfast. Yesterday is was 8.4 before breakfast and then went down to 7.2 2 hours after - is that normal? I'm really confused by this whole thing!!

Reactions: 14 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I'm really new to testing.... Mine was 8.5 before breakfast. Yesterday is was 8.4 before breakfast and then went down to 7.2 2 hours after - is that normal? I'm really confused by this whole thing!!
@DEB260173 for new to testing you are doing brilliantly.
Tomorrow try testing before you get out of bed, way before breakfast consumption. That will give you a more accurate fasting blood glucose level.
Well done. Test as much as you can to give you an idea how things are going. 2hr after meal will tell you a lot. ;)

Serena51

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
bigots, racists, homophobes
10.6 this morning but
7.0 bedtime

I will persevere ...(I have been strict with myself on eating)

Reactions: 12 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
My fbg due to being compliant is 5.4 this morning. What a difference! Oh this is without supplement. :) :) :)

Reactions: 8 people

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Rubbish 7.4 was at a friends for dinner last night - great cooking but I snacked on 'low carb' crisps - and too many biscuits with the cheese. Guess it's good to relax once in a while though

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum

Reactions: 11 people

DEB260173

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rudeness, ingratitude, smugness, prejudice, nose-picking, spitting, celery, olives, Rave music, bigots, Nigel Farage, most social media.
@DEB260173 for new to testing you are doing brilliantly.
Tomorrow try testing before you get out of bed, way before breakfast consumption. That will give you a more accurate fasting blood glucose level.
Well done. Test as much as you can to give you an idea how things are going. 2hr after meal will tell you a lot. ;)
Thank you, I'll try that tomorrow :). At the moment it's all just numbers and I'm just trying to be "sensible" but haven't had a lot of guidance or advice!!

Reactions: 5 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
30/6/16 - Morning.

10.0 - ( this was the best of 3, I think? steroid injections are responsible.)

Reactions: 8 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Thank you, I'll try that tomorrow :). At the moment it's all just numbers and I'm just trying to be "sensible" but haven't had a lot of guidance or advice!!
Have a look around the forums and have a read at successes. I find a great place to start. Ask questions in ask question forum. There are thousands of members who want to help. Enjoy!
See you tomorrow morning here. :)

Reactions: 4 people