Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
7.0 again, woke up at 4 am with a sneezing fit!

Reactions: 17 people

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Morning All

5.7 for me today, celebratory Birthday Indian last night might have been a mistake.

Kevin - I always find any illness, stress, or steroid injections always raise my levels. Don't know why, suspect its to do with the liver releasing more glucose to fight the infection.

Reactions: 18 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
OK, so even when I no longer have DP, when I'm ill, the liver still dumps through the night from the stored glycogen?

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum
Adrenalin from a misunderstanding? More likely.
Tomorrow you will be fine.
When I get stressed I have higher bgs @KevinPotts which sparkes me eating rubbish so mine can get very very high.
I'm trying to manage my stress more but I'm not perfect.

Reactions: 5 people

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
When people who know nothing about the LCHF diet tell me I'm killing myself being on it. I was killing myself not being on it!
8.0 at 7.45 am this morning. Could be due to 4 yr old grandson staying over and at 1.50am he had been sick in the bed, followed by a trail from bed to his bedroom door. Didn't get back to sleep until after 5am :( after washing bedding, carpet and grandson!

Reactions: 12 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
8.0 at 7.45 am this morning. Could be due to 4 yr old grandson staying over and at 1.50am he had been sick in the bed, followed by a trail from bed to his bedroom door. Didn't get back to sleep until after 5am :( after washing bedding, carpet and grandson!
I know how you feel @berylc 9yr old just back to normal now. It felt like forever. He has lost weight too. Looks like food poisoning now as touch wood we havent been affected. Phew!

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@LittleWolf diabetes is usually diagnosed through a number of tests and 6.3 fasting is pretty good actually. We all vary, my FBG is usually in the 6's but my Hb results are.in the non diabetic range.

Reactions: 5 people

Antfm11

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Incompetent and ill informed medical practitioners
Hemm here we go

Type II
Using glucophage slow release 500mg bd was 5.7-6.2.

Now on sukkarto slow release has jumped 6.8-7.8 unpredictable and unexplained. Has been like this since sukkarto was prescribed.

During the day average is 5.0 to 6.0 sometimes lower. I do not believe sukkarto works and I am relying I wharves left of my beta cells.

My lifestyle is very high stress work eating very late every night 23:00 to 00:00. 20-25 hours sleep over the five day working week. Yes ut sucks bad but I have a heavy workload and brexit has added to that.

Don't tell me to ease off or get another less demanding job I support three families it ain't an option.

I walk average 3-5 miles every day eat as carefully as I can oh and have Bronchiactesis great combo

So let me guess heading for an early grave

Regards from the down at heart as I wish my iron will on eating and exercise paid more dividends

Reactions: 4 people

Antfm11

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Incompetent and ill informed medical practitioners
Let me add my two younger brothers one is TI poor control and the ther TII no control mother TII does not get it at all and has no thyroid. Haha all off the same dysfunctional branch of the DNA.

Reactions: 2 people

Mrs Badger

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
10.6 at 7:00 this morning. Then a spike to 14.8 by 9:30 even after my metformin. Later in the morning jumped to 15.6. Lunchtime before eating I hit 17.3. Another metformin and down to 11.5 by 3:15. Going to bed on 9.4

Reactions: 7 people

louchar

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
cigarette smoke,pasta,pizza
As requested in another thread....
My fasting level today 8.3.:( ****. Over to other T2s now....
Mine was 7.9 bit high for my liking and my hba1c was up again for third time was 50 this time last year now 55.not a happy bunny

Reactions: 6 people

Juliemccall

Type of diabetes
Type 2
image.jpeg 4.9 this morning

Reactions: 9 people