Answer a question and ask a question....

D

Deleted member 182154

One day just after spellings in Primary 2 I was picked from the class & met in the Head's office by my mother and two pleasant looking (if slightly dusty) elderly ladies. I was informed I was going with the three for a chat and to do some fun puzzles.

We packed into an equally dusty mini which was then dangerously driven by Dusty Old Lady no. 1 to Belvoir Fever Hospital in Belfast. I spent a wonderful two hours reading and explaining passages aloud to my captive audience, followed by a short break of lemon puff biscuits & buttermilk - a particular favourite of mine.

One hour of simple quadratic equations later and my mother and I were in a taxi home, not back to school. "Don't mention this to your father" was the slightly fearful & intense urging of my darling mother.

I returned to school the following day to find I had been moved to Primary 5 & subsequently stayed two years ahead of my peers until Upper Sixth.

My father never noticed this. I remain confident that he never knew about any of the six monthly puzzle fun outings which continued until I was twelve.

Would you rather be overlooked or underestimated?

D

Deleted member 182154

Complacency indicates contentment whereas there are no excuses for ignorance. Who am I to rock the complacent's world? Just an individual who battles ignorance.

Freedom of speech or speeches of freedom? Which would you read with more gusto?

D

Deleted member 182154

Cooking. Thai is a passion at the minute. Think it's a Norn Ireland culinary achievement that I have successfully convinced menfolk & children that lemongrass is not just grass that smells lemony.

You have three hours of untouched time - how would you spend it?

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Explore... It never ceases to amaze me what wonders and utter rubbish I can discover and learn when wandering around the web - specially when I start off with a definite "destination" in mind and end up somewhere completely unrelated.

If you could time travel when would you go to?

nomoredonuts

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Current American Presidents.
Lots of witty answers come to mind, like going back to Palaeolithic times, then writing my own diet book, or going back to when I was just pre-diabetic and changing my lifestyle before all this started. I wouldn't mind finding out how M.E. takes hold.
With my sensible head on, I suppose I wouldn't mind returning to my late teens, a period during which I made some bad choices. But they are what made me, and given a second chance with this time machine I'm just as likely to do the same things all over again.

I'm gifting you all my unused airmiles, enough to go anywhere. Where is your dream destination?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 182154

I yearn for breads. And cheeses. In fact it's my favourite meal some good bread and cheese. Oh, and olives. I love making bread. Little was more satisfying to me than making 2 or 3 loaves and leaving them to prove in the Aga drawer ready to bake on the Sunday morning before my tribe arrived. Placing all the dishes out, breads, cheeses, salads and hot food.

At least I still have all the laughter

If your tshirt describes you precisely - what would it say?

nomoredonuts

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
"So much to learn, so little time."

@LupeValez this question is too good to waste on the likes of me. How about starting a "If your t-shirt describes you precisely - what would it say?" thread. Seriously.

For what in your life do you feel most grateful?

D

Deleted member 182154

Upon the premise that expunging said memory also removes the actions which occurred immediately afterward I would remove the act of logging into freeserve chat at 9am on the August bank holiday 1999. A Typhoid Mary moment in my life.

You have one choice to make while brushing your teeth. Do you use a) a battered and scrunched up minty toothpaste tube OR b) a beautiful unopened tub of strawberry sparkly tooth powder. Which would you choose & why?

D

Deleted member 182154

"So much to learn, so little time."

@LupeValez this question is too good to waste on the likes of me. How about starting a "If your t-shirt describes you precisely - what would it say?" thread. Seriously.

For what in your life do you feel most grateful?

Dear nomoredonuts

Feel free to post this as a topic of its own I'm not sure how to do it.

Thank you

Barb

FolkyRose1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
people looking down at me as if wondering why l am in a wheel chair (I am in a high risk of falling
Tooth out tomorrow so will put my feet up

What is your favourite animal?

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Create and Craft (though technically a TV channel)

Why would you want to know?? :D:D

Salvia

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I might find it interesting ... could broaden my horizons ;)

What do you think of pelargoniums? (now showing on BBC2 Garden Revival prog :))

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ivy - in memory of my green fingered keen gardener MIL of the same name

Favourite relative?

D

Deleted member 182154

Mrs Millar primary 3. She was so awesome I twice called her mummy in open class & felt no shame. Also she let me drink my milk beside Andrew McIlvenny who I adored.

Invasive life saving surgery with definitive risk or live with a potential ticking time bomb with no certainty of when it goes off?

D

Deleted member 182154

Does being a ref count? 5-a-side mums soccer but I'm sidelined at the minute because I keep forgetting names. Hilarious, but not conducive to the game.

I cheer now. A lot.

What is your favourite fairy tale?

nomoredonuts

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Trump.

Most unusually-named person, you have actually met?

nomoredonuts

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Igumena Eisodeia

She is my husband's favorite nun but since he is not my religion, that says something in itself.

By way of explanation, Eisodeia in Greek means Entrance, short for Entrance of the Theotokos ( Godbearer) into the Temple and she was the first sister in her Washington, D.C. monastery that was sent by their spiritual father from Greece to the US. to be raised to the rank of Schema Monk, so she was named after the monastery's feast day in the Orthodox Church. The monastery was named at that time Entrance of the Theotokos into the Temple but has since joined the Georgians and moved to Maryland. Igumena means Abbess in Greek. Lately, she has been getting some flak from ultraconservatives for her political opinions and wiped her Facebook page but not before a few screen captures.

About the controversy: http://www.monomakhos.com/whats-going-on-in-rocor/

Answer a question and ask a question....