Lost the plot

oldelse

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
I am fortunate not to be diabetic yet but trying to follow the principles. I need to get back in the zone but my back has been very sore and so hard to find a healthy meal to just grab without standing cooking. Something on toast had beckoned too often.

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
You could use a low carb bread like Burgen Soya & Linseed, or a LIDL High Protein roll for your toast.

plantagenet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have found I can cope with a couple of 35g slices of Newburn Seeded Farmhouse GF/non wheat/non dairy by Warburtons, which makes good toast and at 31.5g carbs per 100g plus a 100g tin of Sardines is an easy and quick lunch.

PosyPip

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I know how you feel; I often find standing to cook is either difficult or results in a worsening of my pain (for days sometimes).

How about an omelette? You could prepare the ingredients beforehand and have a rest, then cook it later - which should be pretty quick. This would be LCHF and nutritious as well as being yummy!

davej1950

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Make a fritatta; fry half a diced onion, 2 rashers cut into 1cm pieces, 2 sliced peperamis .half a tin of new potatoes sliced.
Beat 6 eggs with 200ml milk and as much grated cheese as you like, add some mixed herbs. pour the egg/milk mixture over the other ingrdients, cook over a low heat until it starts to coagulate and then finish off under the grill. 1/6 is a nice portion and 1/4 is even better and the only carb is the potato and milk, about 8g carb per slice and very very filling. eat it warm or put it in the fridge, makes a really nice picnic meal with a bit of salad.

Reactions: 2 people