Weekly weigh in - Fridays

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@ickihun - my re-sized stomach area would have to have been at least well-past-middle-age spread or impossible-now-at-my-age-pregnant with twins! :p

And yes I've had cream in various forms (thick, double, thin, clotted, or sour) as a regular part of my LCHF diet for over 2 and a half years (and in lower quantities for most of my life too) without it ever causing any sign of bloating at all.

The only other time I've ever had bad bloating was when I ate some Turkish diabetic halva as a deliberate experiment and as I expected when eating it in any significant amounts, the various sugar alcohols/polyols used as sweetener gave me very painful bloating, stomach cramps and awful diarrhoea. This recent bloating was just slightly uncomfortable at times but not in any way painful.

Robbity

Keesha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I am just asking if any of you are on any kind of steroid to get the weight gain without even trying?

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
I posted a while back about how stable my weight was - this changed a couple of weeks back when I suddenly shot up about 4-5 kilos, so up to 100kg, which more or less happened overnight! :wideyed: I had expected to go up a little as I'd had a spell a month ago where I'd gone from rarely being hungry to being famished all the time for about a week, and was both eating more and scoffing a few too many low carb "treats" - mainly Lindt 85% dark chocolate bars, sometimes the whole lot in one go rather than my more virtuous 1-2 pieces an evening.

But I think most of my gain's been due to being rather bloated - it's felt as though someone's stuck an over-inflated rigid tyre round me under my bust, and I've been a bit windy. Though I'm not sure why as I've not eaten anything to obviously account for this. So anyway I thought maybe I should come back and join in the Friday weigh in but was having a bit of trouble finding the thread again at first. However I'm just as suddenly back to 95 kilos again now, possibly due to weeing for England again all week, but I'm still feeling a bit bloaty - and feeling so gobsmacked at my minor miracle I completely forgot to post on Friday.

Robbity

Haha...the Lindt comment made me feel in good company as I did exactly the same on hols...and realised my addictive sweet centre is as active as ever:)

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Haha...the Lindt comment made me feel in good company as I did exactly the same on hols...and realised my addictive sweet centre is as active as ever:)

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum
Lol I've never had a sweet tooth, but now I realise my savoury tooth is just as bad!

Reactions: 4 people

magsiesss

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who drive with fog lights on when its only a bit of mist
Does anyone else have to stand on the scales twice before they become stable? The second time I stand on them, it always shows over 1kg lighter :D
No real weight lost - but everyone says it looks as if its dripping off me - in that I am more shapely.

Reactions: 5 people

Russetfox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Fresh tomatoes :(
Lost 2lb this week so 12st 3.75lb, and I should be happy but seem to be losing my mojo this week. I feel fed up when food shopping and crave everything that I shouldn't have :(

Reactions: 2 people

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Does anyone else have to stand on the scales twice before they become stable? The second time I stand on them, it always shows over 1kg lighter :D
No real weight lost - but everyone says it looks as if its dripping off me - in that I am more shapely.

Well that has to be a good sign anyway, doesn't it! :) If I remember rightly, I also got comments from OH about looking slimmer before the scales actually admitted I'd lost any weight.

I often need to put one foot down hard on my scales to give them a kick start to make sure they're actually reading zero before I weigh myself. But I find that where I position my feet and how i stand definitely affect the readings - particularly if I don't have my glasses on and need to lean over a bit to see what they say. Finding the correct position for ideal weight results could be a whole new research project! :wideyed::D

Robbity

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am just asking if any of you are on any kind of steroid to get the weight gain without even trying?

No - I need to lose weight, not gain any more... But it sounds like a bad idea as steroids can raise your glucose levels, as I discovered to my horror when my levels suddenly shot up over 4 points right after I'd had a corticosteroid injection in my hand to help release a "locked" tendon. It took nearly a week before they were properly back down to normal again.

Robbity

Stallen

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Grumpy folk
Bit of a relapse total nose drive, Gained approximately 2-3kg this week, mainly due to pigging out on feel good carbs, currently I'm virtually immobile major flare up of rheumatoid arthritis in my R hip it took 33mins to make the 10ft bathroom trip from bed to bathroom tonight.
On a plus not despite the recent high carb intake BGLs are holding well in the 6s.

Hilow

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well done! i'm rather small and have to lose 3kg, from 56,8 to 54kg. Difficult! Insulin does NOT help. Eat less will... But I love food.

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
Well done! i'm rather small and have to lose 3kg, from 56,8 to 54kg. Difficult! Insulin does NOT help. Eat less will... But I love food.

Just little by little is fine...I'm sure you'll get there:)

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Now just 10 lbs off the target I set myself at the beginning of the year! (I'd've been happy if it had taken all year to get to this, and I am quite amazed it's only taken 6 months.)

5lbs of that will take me to a weight not seen since 1989...

magsiesss

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who drive with fog lights on when its only a bit of mist
OK guys and gals *pulls up shirt sleeves* (to show I mean business)

Let's do this thing.

My weight this morning is 84.3 kg - I shall use that as a starting weight but I am up and down around that weight all the time despite loads of excercise and eating less). But shirt sleeves are up, weight has gotta come off. It all starts today.

Did I mention I will be going away for a few days holiday next week - yikes!

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I'm still fluctuating at around 10st. I'm up 1 lb from last Friday to 10st today.
At the start of the year my aim was to reach 9st, or at least 9st 7lbs by today. I haven't reached either, but they were just something to aim for. I'm quite happy with 10st, just hope I can stay at or around this weight.:)

Reactions: 3 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
OK guys and gals *pulls up shirt sleeves* (to show I mean business)

Let's do this thing.

My weight this morning is 84.3 kg - I shall use that as a starting weight but I am up and down around that weight all the time despite loads of excercise and eating less). But shirt sleeves are up, weight has gotta come off. It all starts today.

Did I mention I will be going away for a few days holiday next week - yikes!

I'm not here to post my own weight (I've done enough of that over time), but to just reassure you that a bit of day to day variation is quite usual, and extremely common. It can be due to water retention, eating more of anything (for example, a mound of broccoli could weigh a but, but isn't carb or calorie rich), and of course for folks of a girlie sort, there can be monthly cyclical variations driven by hormones.

Once you've been monitoring for a while, a bit like your bloods, you'll see some trends.

Good luck with it all.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Well this week am 12 stone so another pound lost about another 7 pounds or so to go and will reach my goal hopefully.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My bloaty weight variantions seem to have settled as a bit of real extra weight now this week - possibly 2-3 kilos - but I'm still somewhat inflated (and burpy! :eek:)

Robbity

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Even though this week has been a good walking week (10 miles on Monday!) I'm up half a pound since last week. My perimenopause is being problematic this week with hot flushes, bloating and numerous trips to the toilet being the worst symptoms

Welshman1952

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Woohoo! Just broke the 15st barrier and I'm now 14st 13lbs - that means since diagnosis 2.5 months ago I've lost 36lbs!!!

Change of lifestyle, more exercise and a beautiful wife that feeds me gorgeous healthy foods are all to blame. Think I might like being fit and healthy again

Reactions: 5 people