Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Naomi425

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.7 finally I think I'm starting to destress

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum mobile app

Reactions: 13 people

Norfolkmell

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Tattoos, carers calling me lovey or duckie when I've only just met them
I was diagnosed exactly a year ago and am still finding it a challenge every day to eat well and not push the numbers up. I'm also having to lose weight and that's a second challenge;) Snacks are something else again! Try crunchy celery with a teaspoonful of peanut butter or an ounce of cheese and a few olives. I love pickled vegetables so I sometimes make a plate up with a few yummy pickles (in vinegar or brine) some cottage cheese and a piece of Melba toast ... and there's always fruit. To tell the truth I'm trying to wean myself off snacks, but it's always useful to have something handy for when the snack attacks leap out at you, as leap they will! Good luck. You'll be great!
Thank you, it's good to get ideas I'm going to clear the cupboards of rubbish and stock up on my new essentials. I'm determined to get better at this, especially as there isn't another option!

Reactions: 6 people

fene48

Hi
Mine was 5.4 this morning. I have finally cracked the Morning Phenomena. Either a protein snack last thing at night or 125mls of red ( the red works better - I guess it distracts the liver for an hour or two before its starts to gear up for the day). This means I don't have to wait till lunch for the bgl's to stabilise. Crazy but it works for me.

DEB260173

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rudeness, ingratitude, smugness, prejudice, nose-picking, spitting, celery, olives, Rave music, bigots, Nigel Farage, most social media.
If it continues to rise, ask if your metformin being increased would help?
Otherwise its just the variant on your meter. They all have them.
Well done for remembering to test that early. :)
I'm already on as much Metformin as I can be, I think. I'm being SO good and I don't understand why it's not coming down! Should it be an immediate thing or would it take a while to adjust to diet changes etc?

Reactions: 7 people

TipTop2

Type of diabetes
MODY
8.5 at 9am. Evening Plate of chips, round of bread and 3 beers did it for me plus v little exercise yesterday. Gotta blow out sometimes though. Lunch today was tomato and sardines to get back on the wagon.

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum

Reactions: 23 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Hi
Mine was 5.4 this morning. I have finally cracked the Morning Phenomena. Either a protein snack last thing at night or 125mls of red ( the red works better - I guess it distracts the liver for an hour or two before its starts to gear up for the day). This means I don't have to wait till lunch for the bgl's to stabilise. Crazy but it works for me.
Out of curiosity are you on metformin @fene48 .

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
5.6 today.
More importantly, I had my HbA1c result - 34 ! That's the same as it was last time and since I have been allowing myself more carby treats I was expecting it to go up so I am very very pleased.

The practice nurse thinks I may reversed my diabetes completely, but I still think that if I quit LCHF my sugars would shoot up again. I've got good blood control because I generally eat very few carbs, not because I've stopped being diabetic.

In other news, my cholesterol has improved from last time, down to 6.6. Trigs are 1.7, HDLs 1.9 and LDLs 3.5. That's all much better than my diagnosis 12 months ago but not quite as good as when I was being super-strict last summer.

All in all, really good results and I'm celebrating tonight. With pizza - real pizza - coz I deserve it.

I'd give you all a slice if I could because support from here has been really helpful on those days when I've just felt like giving up on the good habits.

Reactions: 11 people

plantagenet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 today.
More importantly, I had my HbA1c result - 34 ! That's the same as it was last time and since I have been allowing myself more carby treats I was expecting it to go up so I am very very pleased.

The practice nurse thinks I may reversed my diabetes completely, but I still think that if I quit LCHF my sugars would shoot up again. I've got good blood control because I generally eat very few carbs, not because I've stopped being diabetic.

In other news, my cholesterol has improved from last time, down to 6.6. Trigs are 1.7, HDLs 1.9 and LDLs 3.5. That's all much better than my diagnosis 12 months ago but not quite as good as when I was being super-strict last summer.

All in all, really good results and I'm celebrating tonight. With pizza - real pizza - coz I deserve it.

I'd give you all a slice if I could because support from here has been really helpful on those days when I've just felt like giving up on the good habits.
Well done @GeoffersTaylor, that's a great result. Enjoy the pizza, you do indeed deserve it.

Reactions: 2 people

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi everyone,
6.3 this morning after a rubbish night. Only a week into testing and two weeks since diagnosis type 2 and finding it very hard. Trying to stick to low carb diet but have lost appetite ( and 3 lbs so far). My mobility is already rubbish, crutches on a good day wheelchair more often. Giving up sweet things no problem but need ideas for something quick and easy when I do get hungry. Blood results up and down all the while but as still new I'm hoping it will settle down at some stage.

Hang in there. The first part since diagnosis is yuck. You're in the right place and you'll adjust your routine accordingly.

Easy grabbers are Greek yoghurt with cinnamon and seeds, pork scratchings, cheese, few slices of meat, left over cooked sausages, cucumber with good peanut butter, half a lidl protein roll with late, cream cheese, salmon etc.

There's a thread on here that has recipes as well as another where we list what we've eaten so that could give you ideas.

I find planning my meals helps. Since I started alternate day fasts, it's drastically reduced my appetite as well as remove 3 days a week that I don't have to fill with food. It's quite liberating...!

X

----------
Borderline T2, serial yo-yo dieter but firmly sticking to LCHF with IF

Reactions: 4 people

swarnag

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I had been away from forum for some time now. My FBG this morning was 5.7. I had been on LCHF for most of the last 8 months. Went off the diet off and on at times due to temptation.
I take metformin 1000mg twice a day and liraglutide 1.k mg in the night. Also I take amilodopine 5mg,and lorsatan 50mg andbisoprolol 1.25 mg. I do pilates and yoga about 3times a week. and exercises in the pool twice a week.
My other blood results done in last April was
HBA1c 54.Lipid profile was ok.

Reactions: 14 people
D

Deleted member 308541

Mine was 7.5 this morning, it has been up and down like a yoyo the last week or so.

I got my last blood test results from the pathology lab at mt GP's yesterday, my hba1c for the previous three months was 48 / 6.5%. That's the second time those figures have come up this year.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I'm already on as much Metformin as I can be, I think. I'm being SO good and I don't understand why it's not coming down! Should it be an immediate thing or would it take a while to adjust to diet changes etc?
I know lchf takes a while to help fbgs. Is that your new diet? Some can take a month or more.