Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Serena51

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
bigots, racists, homophobes
8.6 this morning

6.9 bedtime

Posting my bg numbers has helped me keep on the straight and narrow although I did have a packet of peanuts for lunch yesterday! Which of course means the increase could be the lunchtime carbs or the dreaded DP

Reactions: 18 people
D

debrasue

A fantastic fbg 3.8 :) :) :)
Wow - that's amazing! The last time I had a reading that low was during my first week of LCHF and I thought it was a hypo!! LOL. Well done, Vicky - it's certainly starting to look as if you've found your long-deserved turning point. Hugs xx

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Hi everyone,
6.3 this morning after a rubbish night. Only a week into testing and two weeks since diagnosis type 2 and finding it very hard. Trying to stick to low carb diet but have lost appetite ( and 3 lbs so far). My mobility is already rubbish, crutches on a good day wheelchair more often. Giving up sweet things no problem but need ideas for something quick and easy when I do get hungry. Blood results up and down all the while but as still new I'm hoping it will settle down at some stage.
Hi Norfolkmell, welcome to the forum, there are lots of nice friendly and supportive people on here to answer your questions and give you some advice. We all have started off like you in the beginning, hard to get your head around everything in the beginning. Lost of us on here are doing the LCHF diet and are doing fine. There is a thread on here What Have You Eaten Today Low carb Type 2 have a look into it and you will see the daily meals some of us put on there, it is a great thread especially for new members as you can try and test some of these foods for yourself. Good luck keep us all updated.:)

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
5.7 am fasting (holiday reading)
0e486cbfe3fe9705ac311f5dcb5c1a21.jpg

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum mobile app

Reactions: 22 people

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
5.6 today.
More importantly, I had my HbA1c result - 34 ! That's the same as it was last time and since I have been allowing myself more carby treats I was expecting it to go up so I am very very pleased.

The practice nurse thinks I may reversed my diabetes completely, but I still think that if I quit LCHF my sugars would shoot up again. I've got good blood control because I generally eat very few carbs, not because I've stopped being diabetic.

In other news, my cholesterol has improved from last time, down to 6.6. Trigs are 1.7, HDLs 1.9 and LDLs 3.5. That's all much better than my diagnosis 12 months ago but not quite as good as when I was being super-strict last summer.

All in all, really good results and I'm celebrating tonight. With pizza - real pizza - coz I deserve it.

I'd give you all a slice if I could because support from here has been really helpful on those days when I've just felt like giving up on the good habits.
Well done GeoffersTaylor no wonder you are pleased I would be too. :)

Reactions: 2 people

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
6.2 for me today don't know why only eaten yesterday what I normally eat.:eek:

Reactions: 19 people

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Feeling much better this morning, down to 6.6 :)

magsiesss

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who drive with fog lights on when its only a bit of mist
7.0 this morning

5.3 before bed last night ...yesterday I went to gym, walked 10k and ate very little - so its just sorting itself out :)

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
2/7/16 - Morning.

8.1- (better than yesterday's)

Reactions: 15 people