Diabetic Craft Club

hornplayer

7b8ed4b2108c363f157d97eff4bcd60e.jpg

...almost finished (I think). Title is Seventeen again.

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 8 people
S

Sable_Jan

What a blessing to see this painting. And I think it interesting that you conceptually made your gender typed by color woman a tad taller than her male companion.
I saw it as two ladies, the first one.

lrw60

Dislikes
salads, meat, being bored
Yes, it is two ladies.

Hi Steph,
lrw60 here, well actually lrw 63 approaching 64!
I tried posting something for you a while back but it might not have got through, so here goes again.

Do you remember my friend Lorna? well she passed her oboe grade 8 two years ago with a mark of 135 and a distinction. Last December she passed grade 8 piano with a mark of 132 and a distinction again. Lorna will be 86 this year! Not bad!
Lee

Reactions: 4 people
S

Sable_Jan

Hi Steph,
I tried posting something for you a while back but it might not have got through, so here goes again.

Do you remember my friend Lorna? well she passed her oboe grade 8 two years ago with a mark of 135 and a distinction. Last December she passed grade 8 piano with a mark of 132 and a distinction again. Lorna will be 86 this year! Not bad!
Lee
For friend Lorna

Reactions: 2 people

hornplayer

Then I was reading it wrong wrong wrong

Is art what you think it is, or what it was intended to be?

... Depends who you ask. The person looking at it, or the person who painted it. I wasn't trying to make any sort of gender statement, but you can read anything you like into what you see. As long as the image makes you smile I consider my job done.

Reactions: 3 people

hornplayer

Hi Steph,

Lee

Hey Lee, great to hear from you! Really glad you and Lorna are doing well, and fabulous news about her exam results!! - I will be holding her up as a shining example to all those little horrors I teach who refuse to practice.

Steph x

Reactions: 3 people

RoseofSharon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
... Depends who you ask. The person looking at it, or the person who painted it. I wasn't trying to make any sort of gender statement, but you can read anything you like into what you see. As long as the image makes you smile I consider my job done.

Art is such a subjective thing, I agree with what you have said. Everybody will perceive the same piece of art so differently. I'm not sure if there is any right or wrong in art....

hornplayer

Art is such a subjective thing, I agree with what you have said. Everybody will perceive the same piece of art so differently. I'm not sure if there is any right or wrong in art....

Very true. The second picture - the two people dancing - my mother sees it as two tipsy people on the way home from the pub. She wanted me to put empty bottles in it. ()
I see it as two people, very much in love, spontaneously dancing in the street. He's gazing at her, singing and seeing the girl he fell in love with fifty years ago. She's used to his sentimental ways and is humouring him lol. - My friend saw it today, and said it reminded her of her parents dancing. Her Mum had Alzheimer's and her Dad cared for her at home until she died. Dancing was pretty much the only way they still connected towards the end. It touched her, made her smile even with tears in her eyes. That sort of reaction is one I think every artist is aiming for. For a work to communicate with the viewer. Every reaction is unique and is equally treasured and respected.

hornplayer

Just packed up the paintings to go off to the exhibition tomorrow. Looking for subjects now to get stuck into over the summer. Suggestions welcome!

Reactions: 6 people

hornplayer

It'll probably be acrylics again I should think, but I've got a bit of time now where I'm not working to a deadline, so I might experiment.
I don't know anything about sports. Maybe a musician themed set?

S

Sable_Jan

It'll probably be acrylics again I should think, but I've got a bit of time now where I'm not working to a deadline, so I might experiment.
I don't know anything about sports. Maybe a musician themed set?

Sounds a good idea. Not only something you know and understand but something you feel...which will surely come through in the paintings

AnniB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Busy at the moment. My local fabric shop has had a 25% off everything sale for the last month so I have made a stack of simple shift dresses for work, and button down the back blouse. I have another 3 lots of fabric for dresses and 2 lengths of linen for trousers. I should mention that I spent the best part of last Sunday going through the wardrobes and throwing out everything that is a bigger size than I am currently wearing, and then sorting out older stuff from what was left so it's all a bit urgent! And I have a new sewing machine to play with!

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum mobile app

S

Sable_Jan

Busy at the moment. My local fabric shop has had a 25% off everything sale for the last month so I have made a stack of simple shift dresses for work, and button down the back blouse. I have another 3 lots of fabric for dresses and 2 lengths of linen for trousers. I should mention that I spent the best part of last Sunday going through the wardrobes and throwing out everything that is a bigger size than I am currently wearing, and then sorting out older stuff from what was left so it's all a bit urgent! And I have a new sewing machine to play with!

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum mobile app
Ooh, lovely. Not sewn for ages, not even repairs or dog beds. You've been busy with some serious stuff
No chance of refashioning some of your too big stuff ?

magsiesss

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who drive with fog lights on when its only a bit of mist

What patterns will you be using? you must post pics of finished items ....

hornplayer

Ooh, lovely. Not sewn for ages, not even repairs or dog beds. You've been busy with some serious stuff
No chance of refashioning some of your too big stuff ?

Yes, why not have a go at redoing some stuff, if you really like the material or the shape, take it apart, trim it and put it back together?

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum