Cell Novo

shews

Hello,

I'm on a medtronic paradigm pump which needs replacing. Not keen on new medtronic pump due to size.
Deciding between Animas vibe or cell novo.

I wear a lot of dress for work and wear my hooked on my bra. Also have young children so need something robust!
Ive had issues with libre sensors not sticking to my upper arms (catching on door frames/ bra straps etc) so this makes me nervous of cell novo.

Keen to try something new however, animas although ive heard is great, feels a bit old fashioned in terms of pump technology.

Keen to hear any thoughts in particular from ladies out there (sorry to be sexist but clothing issues are important!!).
Any thoughts welcome, finding this a tricky decison to make.

TIA
Sally

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I was on the smaller Medtronic Veo and wasn't pleased to be upgraded to the larger 640G but actually it's not so bad. With lower cut dresses and tops, a plunge bra hides the part holding the reservoir and tubing. I prefer the overall design of the Veo but the 640G certainly isn't as bad as I thought it would be.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
I also wear the 640g and to be honest I wear alot of jeans and tops so I have a pouch around my waist for it, it's quite easy to disguise and when I do wear a dress it goes under my bra, but that's not very often ! I don't think it's very cumbersome or difficult to wear, like anything new it takes adjustment :)

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
And let's just be clear here. The Medtronic 640G is the same size as the Animas Vibe, as @iHs can also attest to having also seen the two side by side at the weekend.