Questionnaire for a school project

Cragwood

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello! I'm a high school student in South Africa. I have to do a project on diabetes, where I'm required to 'interview' at least 40 diabetics to gather enough information to present graphically. It would be a huge help if you could please fill out this questionnaire for me, or fill it on behalf of anyone else you know with diabetes! I don't need any super personal information such as your name or where you live. If you have any questions or think I can/should improve my questions, please let me know :) Thanks!

Questionnaire
Race:
Type:
Your age when you got it:
Cause:

Race: Caucasian
Type: Type 2 with insulin
Age when diagnosed: 22
Cause: Pregnancy, genetics (significant % of my grandma's descendants have it, including 10 of her 12 children and most of their children)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Questionnaire
Race: White caucasian
Type: 1
Your age when you got it: 31
Cause: auto immune condition

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Hi @juanitaH

Type: Type2

Your age when you got it: diagnosed at 66 , also at least two years undiagnosed prior to that

Cause Induced by steroid medication.

Hope this helps

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
Type: 2
Your age when you got it: 53
Cause: treatment with steroids following a renal transplant (ie. steroid induced diabetes)

Natalie1974

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Type: 1
Your age when you got it: 26
Cause: unknown

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
Hi. is it worth considering how people are "treating" their diabetes? Obviously many are on meds and/or insulin, but some Type 2s try their best (with varying degrees of success) to control their blood sugar purely through diet. Many are now turning to a low carb high fat diet as I am. I was just thinking that a brief reference in your project, maybe just prior to conclusion, to the part played by carbohydrate (effectively turning to sugar in the blood) in relation to type 2 in particular might be worthwhile. it is clear to many here that the foods we are being sold don't just contain too much sugar, but that carbohydrate content is also a big issue. Might be worth checking out the low carb forum here. I think the worst conclusion you could reach, as some very poorly informed individuals do, is that Type 2 is caused by lifestyle....that's very poor indeed. Just a wee reference to the fact that there are various causes of Type 2 (most dominant kind of diabetes in the UK) beyond the usual perception. Anyway...good luck.

juanitaH

Hi. is it worth considering how people are "treating" their diabetes? Obviously many are on meds and/or insulin, but some Type 2s try their best (with varying degrees of success) to control their blood sugar purely through diet. Many are now turning to a low carb high fat diet as I am. I was just thinking that a brief reference in your project, maybe just prior to conclusion, to the part played by carbohydrate (effectively turning to sugar in the blood) in relation to type 2 in particular might be worthwhile. it is clear to many here that the foods we are being sold don't just contain too much sugar, but that carbohydrate content is also a big issue. Might be worth checking out the low carb forum here. I think the worst conclusion you could reach, as some very poorly informed individuals do, is that Type 2 is caused by lifestyle....that's very poor indeed. Just a wee reference to the fact that there are various causes of Type 2 (most dominant kind of diabetes in the UK) beyond the usual perception. Anyway...good luck.

Good point! I'll definitely have a bit in on treatment, though I won't have space to fit in how each individual treats their diabetes as I have a page limit and everything. But thank you for that bit on Type 2, I happen to be one of those very poorly informed individuals! Will do some deeper research on causes and make a point to add it into my project.

To everyone else, thank you for your answers!

Reactions: 5 people