I can't get my medicine

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

catherinecherub

Why is this medicine so important to you @greener? Would you describe your need as an emergency?
Will you become really ill without it? If that is the case then phone 111 and they can arrange for you to see an out of hours Doctor.

D

Deleted member 308541

My request is simple: I need to have access to any medication THE VERY MOMENT I WANT IT.
That's why in civilized countries and not in idiotic countries run by thickhead ignorant managers who want to save pennies for their fat salaries and bonuses, there are 24/365 pharmacies.
Is this so special for this **** country?

If I call that 111 number, they will give me immediately a prescription and I will get immediately the medicine I need?

You will have to wait a bit longer than the "THE VERY MOMENT I WANT IT" here in Australia which is a civilised country.

As others have said phone the emergency number and go to the emergency dept.

This is on my Doctors surgeries phone on hold message, "Operator is busy on another call, if it is a emergency hang up the phone and dial 000 for help." It's as simple as that.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What a strange thread (again)

I need medical treatment urgently, do I phone 111, go to A&E, seek assistance from a Pharmacy ?

No, I post a thread on an internet forum, and never quite reveal any of the important information.

Maybe the OP has phoned 111 or visited A&E but no doubt they have been unable to help because all they have been told is that "I need medicine now"

Most Forums would have banned this poster a long time ago.

Reactions: 4 people

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
My request is simple: I need to have access to any medication THE VERY MOMENT I WANT IT.
That's why in civilized countries and not in idiotic countries run by thickhead ignorant managers who want to save pennies for their fat salaries and bonuses, there are 24/365 pharmacies.
Is this so special for this **** country?

If I call that 111 number, they will give me immediately a prescription and I will get immediately the medicine I need?
Well what ever it is you so desperately need why can you not have a supply at home and as soon as that is used put in a repeat prescription so you always have the medication on hand?

I have a life threatening medical condition which means I could die within 20 mins unless treated. So my emergency kit is available at all times with a spare back up and the medication is on repeat so if I ever have to use it, I then place a repeat order in for it. Problem solved.

I would respectfully suggest if you don't like our NHS then move abroad then you will see the difference.

Reactions: 2 people

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
hahaha it's so funny that you pay billions for a horrible system that you praise yet you find a simple request so extraordinary :D

You keep say you as in us paying, so does that mean you don't pay a penny towards our great NHS?

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Guys, this thread is wandering well off track. If individuals are not able to offer anything on topic, they should desist from posting.

Thanks.

Barry Holt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Drivers who speed in built up areas
Just found "Push Doctor" on Internet, 1st consultation only £1 and instant prescription give that a try

phil1966

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just found "Push Doctor" on Internet, 1st consultation only £1 and instant prescription give that a try
The prescriptions from that service are private, not NHS, ones so it will potentially cost more than the NHS charge to fulfill it (and there are no exemptions either)

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
If he wants His medicine NOW , he'll just have to stump up!

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The demeanour of Greener in this thread, It has to be said,
difficult ascertaining what the nature of the "pain" is
The medication could be of an addictive nature with the signing off
Of a doctor for protection of the user. Limiting its quantity?
To lesson severity of dependency or overdosing risks
My ex had similar bouts like this. Quite frankly using the system
Taking the p155. She would tantrum at the sugery, refused
Then bring it back on me. I'd end up having to relent
& find a "gent" picking up the "back street" equivalent..
As I said, not pretty...

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Why are you in this situation?

The key to this is - why are you needing medication immediately?

And what medication is it?
If its tablets then it is "less" critical than running out of quick acting insulin...

We need to know what medication you are needing.

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
I've got a sore head reading this thread.:)

Reactions: 2 people

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
It's simple really he is an impatient patient.

Status
Not open for further replies.