Metformin

LaurenMoffitt

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Does upset stomach from metformin start straight away please? Been taking 500mg a day with lunch since Tues. Started getting an upset stomach today.

Also has anyone found the need to drink more and wee less please?

Thanks

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. Yes, if you are going to have Metformin stomach upset it seems to start immediately. If it doesn't fade after a week or two ask the GP for Slow Release (SR) version. I've not heard of any direct effect on urination from Metformin?

Reactions: 2 people

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Mine was a bit random, sometimes I was ok - other days straight to the toilet. As mentioned many people find slow release Metformin better, you can ask your Doc to change.

LaurenMoffitt

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Going to go and ask for slow release. Another day trapped in the toilet!! Guts are bubbling and boiling like a witches cauldron!!

RoseofSharon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Mine started straight away and I had to ask for the slow release version, and though it's better it's not a miracle fix.

Reactions: 5 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
I've been taking Metformin for over 12 years, and it gives me constipation! (I am on 2000mg a day)

Anti_up

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I found 1000 a day too much as I already suffered from IBS... Have slows release 500 now and it has settled...