companies will flee the country
jobs will be lost
companies will close
uk's prosperity was due to its connection with europe
why you did this?

Reactions: 4 people
D

Deleted member 308541

I never discuss the way I vote as it my business and not to be discussed with anyone else.

I never voted to join the EU in the seventies as I was not living in the UK, how I would have voted I do not know, same as with brexit.

It appears that the sky is falling near you mate.
OufQS4J.png

Stallen

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Grumpy folk
Hardly apocalyptic or an extinction event for mankind, most people I know are wetting themselves that they'll now have to pay more for their holiday abroad, on the flip side a few poorer friends I know voted out, purely on the basis it could hit house prices and spite those that have more than they do, my view is poop happens and when it does learn to live with it.
On a brighter side looks like women might finally be taking over. UK, USA and Germany.

All good, as far as I'm concerned, there will always be winners and losers whatever hopping in the world or Europe.

Stallen

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Grumpy folk
I should say a lot of big uk firms are owned by EU countries, DHL are owned by Deutsche post https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deutsche_Post

Wether anyone likes it or not, the major U.K. firms in foreign ownership are major assets, their European owners won't allow to fail despite the posturing from Brussels.

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
why you did this?
sterling went down alot and will stop
jobs will be lost
companies will close
why you did this?
Despite what you think , it wasn't just to p1$$ you off:rolleyes:

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
why you did this?
sterling went down alot and will stop
jobs will be lost
companies will close
why you did this?
I don't know how you can possibly say this - the Leave campaigners told us that warnings about this were all part of "Project Fear" and it wasn't going to happen. So it hasn't happened. So that's all right, then :rolleyes:

..... and the Moon is made out of green cheese ....... :facepalm:

Reactions: 2 people

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
PS - I rather agree with this, from the OpEd pages of the New York Times.

A major European power, a longtime defender of liberal democracy, pluralism and free markets, falls under the sway of a few cynical politicians who see a chance to exploit public fears of immigration to advance their careers. They create a stark binary choice on an incredibly complex issue, of which few people understand the full scope — stay in or quit the E.U.

These politicians assume that the dog will never catch the car and they will have the best of all worlds — opposing something unpopular but not having to deal with the implications of the public actually voting to get rid of it. But they so dumb down the debate with lies, fear-mongering and misdirection, and with only a simple majority required to win, that the leave-the-E.U. crowd carries the day by a small margin. Presto: the dog catches the car. And, of course, it has no idea now what to do with this car. There is no plan. There is just barking.

He goes on to warn his readers about the similarity of these tactics with those of Donald Trump, but that's a whole other can of worms ....

Reactions: 4 people