Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

D

debrasue

It could be. Is your infection stressing you out, without you realising?
How many days do you have to take them?
When i was 6yr old with diabetic symptoms my gp resorted to giving me antibiotics and my thrush cleared up. How strange was that? My gp in the 70s hadnt heard of type2 in kids.
I don't think the infection is stressing me because it seems to have gone, but taking these bloody antibiotics is! I'm very tempted to stop, although I won't as I still have another 3 days to go, but I will be very glad indeed when they're finished.
I think the pollen's getting to me a bit too, as I have sore eyes and a cough each morning on waking. Today's a bit worse than normal, but that's probably because I spent all afternoon in the garden with a friend yesterday. We're surrounded by fields and farmland and, although I don't get hay fever, as such, I do find this part of the year a bit irritating on the old mucous membranes from time to time.
Still prefer it to living in London though!
:)

Reactions: 8 people

Serena51

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
bigots, racists, homophobes
Well, threw all my toys out of the pram - ham rolls, oppo ice cream, crisps. I think that I must pull myself together.

This morning 10.6

bedtime 12.4

So all that junk and it's better than yesterday when I was on a proper diet. Don't get it at all.

Back on the straight and narrow today.

Reactions: 8 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Back to normal then Clive - I don't know how you do it!! Well done!

Thanks debrasue, avoiding carbs and plenty of exercise,eating just enough to avoid putting on weight, i weigh myself daily and try and keep my weight stable,must admit @ molly56 and i did partake of the lovely foods provided t our hotel in Lagos portugal last week,when i got back went straight on one day fast and then on week of 800 cals

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum mobile app

D

Deleted member 308541

7.4 I am happy with that as it's getting closer to 6.
OufQS4J.png

Reactions: 14 people

evelygtc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
non
Good morning,
7.2 this morning. (Going up from 5.2)
How to lower it down to below 5 or below 6?
Can someone advise me?
Thanks.
Took a mug of slow cooking oats at 8.00 p.m before going to bed.
Is it dawn syndrome?

Sent from my SM-T810 using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

Took 20 mg of Simvastatin together with a mug of oats.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 13 people

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 today :) third day in the 5s so that good. Off for family celebration in Dorset today, aiming to keep control - while having tons of fun, lots of red wine, cheese and even Oppo ice cream! Happy Friday :):)

Reactions: 13 people