Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Another 6.9 this morning

Reactions: 20 people

Serena51

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
bigots, racists, homophobes
Ickihun

Thank you for kind reply. Apart from that recent blip, I have been LC for 5 years ..... but I get tripped up when at the supermarket by the crisps and peanuts (even cake sometimes)!

I know that I must persevere and apply myself to dealing with this. Numbers are back in single figures so I hope to get there soon.

Reactions: 9 people

plantagenet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ickihun

Thank you for kind reply. Apart from that recent blip, I have been LC for 5 years ..... but I get tripped up when at the supermarket by the crisps and peanuts (even cake sometimes)!

I know that I must persevere and apply myself to dealing with this. Numbers are back in single figures so I hope to get there soon.
Could you have a period of ordering online from the supermarket so you aren't tempted by the naughty aisles and can be strict with what you buy?

Reactions: 2 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
8/7/16 - Morning.

6.4 - (not bad)

Reactions: 10 people

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
5.1 this morning since coming off metformin numbers have risen slightly but still in normal range so that's ok.

Reactions: 6 people

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Morning All

5.7 after a bit of a lie in this morning....

Reactions: 12 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Ickihun

I'm sure you will @Serena51 . You know low carb better than me but i cannot get steady bgs unless i stay away from crisps and cake. Peanuts in moderation wont do too much damage.
I crave carbs once ive allowed myself them. Especially at the moment. Need a good grocery shop here.
Nothing worse than craving carbs. You have my shared concern.

Reactions: 4 people