Reversing Diabetes!!!!!!!!

sailee94

Type of diabetes
Type 2
So I've been diagnosed days before I was admitted to UCL and a few years passed since then, It's not easy to live my life as I did before because I have to be careful every single hour, every single day. I'm so tired of that... then I heard from my friend that you can reverse diabetes in months if not weeks....... I was shocked and I didn't believe at first but my blood sugar levels are already going to the normal area, I am doing this almost 3 weeks now and I believe in 1 more week my blood sugar levels will be under 100.
I just wonder if anyone else has had similar experiences?

Hope to hear some opinions and answers from you guys and gals!

Edited by a mod to remove name of cure site

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 5 people

Winnie53

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@sailee94 I assume you're using the low carb high fat diet, the low carb ketogenic diet, or perhaps something along the lines of the whole foods plant based diabetes diets described in books by US doctors Joel Fuhrman, M.D. or Neal Barnard, M.D.

Have you explored the Low-carb Diet Forum? It's in the Diet and Nutrition area of the forum here... http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/category/low-carb-diet-forum.18/ You'll find lots of people there who are using diet, exercise, and medication as needed to manage their diabetes.

You might also enjoy reading the Low Carb Success Stories here... http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/low-carb-success-stories.3763/

What are you doing to lower your blood glucose levels? It sounds like you're getting great results. Hope you make it below 100 mg/dL (5.54 mmol/L)!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 people

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Sice following a low carb diet for about the last 8 months or so I have lost 6 stones in weight that is just over 38Kg and my last HbA1c to below pre-diabetes level @39 mmol/mol uk measurements. So it is possible to reverse diabetes .

Reactions: 6 people

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done on your improved levels, and keep up the good work!

Yes you can get your levels down to non-diabetic levels with the right diet and/or lifestyle, but that doesn't necessarily guarantee that you'd keep them there if you revert to your previous ways again - your predisposition to diabetes may well always be there - but it can be done. However, for some people controlling their diabetes to that extent has to be a long term or permanent commitment.

Robbity

Reactions: 2 people

specialk

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Well done on your improved levels, and keep up the good work!

Yes you can get your levels down to non-diabetic levels with the right diet and/or lifestyle, but that doesn't necessarily guarantee that you'd keep them there if you revert to your previous ways again - your predisposition to diabetes may well always be there - but it can be done. However, for some people controlling their diabetes to that extent has to be a long term or permanent commitment.

Robbity
Agree but better not to be diabetic just by following a new way of eating.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

Reactions: 4 people

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Reversing your diabetes I believe is like grabbing a tiger by the tail you dare't let go if you do it's going to bite you.

Reactions: 2 people