AgaMatrix Wavesense Jazz Wireless issues

ricke17

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello,

First post here (so be gentle).

So I upgraded my BG meter to the AgaMatrix Wavesense Jazz Wireless since this syncs to my iPhone.

I have noticed that I am getting consistence higher readings with this meter than with my Accu-Check Compact.

This morning I was having classic hypo symptoms and the AgaMatrix readings suggested it was 7.1 whereas the Accu-Chek said it was 3.1. So i treated myself for a hypo.

Has anyone else experienced inconsistent results with the AgaMatrix? I have emailed their support and have followed their suggestions as to how to test to a tee (mind you been doing it for years!). I have also used their control solution on the meter and it reads within the "normal" range.

Cheers,

Rick.

chalup

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
On your next lab test, take your meter and test at the same time the lab draws the blood and compare the results.

borderter

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes! Celebrities and curry
I also had the wireless jazz recently and found it inconsistant so much so I saw dns who said lots have said the same and she gave me a different make meter on the spot after I pointed out high readings make deciding on insulin dose a bit risky. Loved the way it downloaded to my phone and if I was not basal/bolus would have been very happy to keep it

jocat44

I'm also on the wave sense jazz wireless, it always reads higher, according to it I've never had a hypo, I wish! Use it when I'm feeling normal but if I feel odd I use a different meter, only use it cause that's the meter the practice nurse will give test strips for. Do like that it talks to iPhone although this has gone mad a few times
Jo

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum

TwoRivers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Obesity.
I have exactly the same experience. An aged but faithful Accu Chek gives readings which match my experience and the six monthly tests pretty well. The Wavesense Jazz is up there in the clouds. I just took blood sugar measurements on both. Wavesense says I am 7.2 which would be a little higher than I want. Accu Chek says 94 -- which is strongly likely since I am on a low carb diet and had only 5.2g carbohydrate so far today. When I am about to give myself insulin, which of them shall I go by? I have had a lot of hypos over the years, all so far successfully caught in time. But I depend on my blood sugar test results for this.
Are the experiences reported here unusual? We all seem to have had similar ones

WizWas

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Well that explains my other post - I was getting 10 - 12 mmol/l higher on the Jazz than my other meter.
Time to post a scathing review on Amazon and look for something else :)

CDM9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Any other comments? I got one today and my accu chek
Was 7 that was 8.2??? I'm going to
Double test for a while to compare

CDM9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type