quick levimer question

Shazza

hi

son went to bed bs 12 last night (higher than norm) got up this mornin and was 3.4 ... first time ever below 4 in mornin, does that mean I should reduce his levimer at night?

thanks

neededthat

hi i think im right in saying if your night and morning readings are off you don't wait for a few days, you act on them, myself i would set the alarm for 3am to check bs, if im wrong im sure someone will correct me lol

sophsmam

This happened to sophie and we decreased it the following the night she went in double figures next morning.we spoke to the nurse and they said to wait 3 days see what happens could be a one off.Then if you find it's 3 hypos in a row then decrease it.

hismom

hi,
we are very new to this but we have found that it depends what my son has done during the day and how restless he is in his sleep. he type of food eaten can also make a big difference. If he eats rice crackers or white bread these dont last very long in his system at all. I would wait a few days and do bg tests around 2 to 3 am to see how low it goes then. If too low you can give something to eat. If still going low in a few days change the dose but give the new dose a few days to react . We were told it would be in the sysytem by 3 days but have found it is more like 5 to 7 days.

steph

Shazza

thanks everyone, he has normal day yesterday no diff food or activities, he was very tired and had a better sleep than nom last night, I,ll test him during night tonight and see how it goes.

Jen&Khaleb

Dislikes
Not having enough time. Broken sleep.
Khaleb has had a few days of higher figures and this morning I have upped his Levemir. Even though the increase is only 1/2 unit it is likely to be too much for a little while. He'll grow into it with a slight increase in food. He's been a bit hungry and I feel that I've restricted his diet too much. He has also lost a little weight as he's been a bit more active lately also. I don't usually alter Levemir on one odd bsl but I would still make efforts to avoid all hypos. Now I've made a change I'll be watching a little more closely and have the Mummy Radar out.

It's such a balancing act all the time.

Shazza

we go between 5 and 5.5 levimer each night, looking back between one thing and another its been a strange week, i gave him 5 levimer tonight, hoping tomor mornin will be normal, have promised boys chinese tomoro so lookin like from sun any changes

Mummy radar .. we should be milionares but cuddles make up for it x

Jen&Khaleb

Dislikes
Well I just thought Khaleb was going through a normal growth and insulin adjustment but today he is sick, sick, sick. His bs is trying to match his temp and he's currently got 0.3 blood ketone. I seem to have a bit better control now it is evening and the paracetemol has taken effect. I think he's going to need a couple of little doses of Novorapid overnight to keep him in check. I've got the hypo remedies ready for when he goes the other way. What a perfect day he had yesterday (the calm before the storm) and even up till lunch time today. He was 5.7 at 12pm and at 2pm he was 16 (Novo) then 3.30pm he was 22 (more Novo) and at 6pm he was back to 16 and had something to eat (More Novo and a little extra Levemir than normal also).

Umm....I wonder how many hours sleep I can sneak in tonight. :roll:

suzi

Dislikes
people who are rude and ignorant, and people who have no patience in queues.
Ah Jen,
Poor you and Khaleb, i hate it when there sick, it's such a juggling act. Hope he's better tomorrow and its just a 24 hr thingy,
(((hugs))) to you both,
Suzi x

Jen&Khaleb

Dislikes
He's much better today. He got a double correction dose of Novorapid at 10pm because he went up to 24. He is still trying to run high now but not like yesterday afternoon. Didn't get much sleep after checking him at midnight, 2am and 3.30am. He's eating today also.

Should have a better night tonight hopefully.

Shazza, how are you going with the morning bsl now? Have you found the piece of the puzzle?

Hope everyone else is well. I'm not looking forward to the Winter colds and flus on the way.

Jen

Shazza

Hi Glad he is feeling better, you must be shattered :( enjoy your sleep tonight. Seems to have been a one off with Ewans morning bs hasnt happened again :D glad I didnt rush in and change levimer now.

Take Care xx