Breakfast Nightmare!

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
I'm trying to find something to eat for breakfast - I start work in London at 7am and have brekkie at my desk so it needs to be something easy, cold and portable - does anyone have any suggestions? I thought about Oatibix (as oats seem to be good things for diabetics!) with milk and fruit/ nuts but I've just checked the label and they have over 60 gms of Carbs per 100gms (although only 2gms is sugar) and I'm not sure if that's too high. I'm sure this gets easier with time, but at the moment I'm really not sure what's good for me and what's not and I'm getting a lot of mixed messages!
Thanks

I have a different breakfast issue, I have never really liked it:) however, my solution might also work in your case.

I start my day with:

10g Good Green Stuff (NuZest - over 75 essential. It's, mins, enzymes etc)

25 Good Clean Protein (NuZest) (wild strawberry- there are 5 flavours, all 100% European golden pea protein, no GM etc)

1 tablespoon milled chia

1 tablespoon milled flax

500 ml water or coconut milk

All put together in a portable shake bottle....which you could take to work:)

Tasty, everything nutritionally you need and low carbs of around 5g in total:)

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum

Wurst

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Narcissistic forum members
I take tinned sardines to work for breakfast , low carb and filling. If I have leftovers from the day before , such as bratwursts or other meats, I take them instead and eat cold.

latvianchick

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Being told "you are diabetic, what do you expect?" or "You are stupid or you would be able to control your bloods perfectly!" Hypo unawareness and its consequences!
I have a different breakfast issue, I have never really liked it:) however, my solution might also work in your case.

I start my day with:

10g Good Green Stuff (NuZest - over 75 essential. It's, mins, enzymes etc)

25 Good Clean Protein (NuZest) (wild strawberry- there are 5 flavours, all 100% European golden pea protein, no GM etc)

1 tablespoon milled chia

1 tablespoon milled flax

500 ml water or coconut milk

All put together in a portable shake bottle....which you could take to work:)

Tasty, everything nutritionally you need and low carbs of around 5g in total:)

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum
Hi, never heard of the first two ingredients - I am in the UK. Perhaps you misread my original post - I HAVE to eat carbs at every meal, but would prefer tasty alternatives to bread, as I tend to end up having that for lunch too in sandwich form, and I do not like sweet foods! Just as well, being a highly sensitive diabetic!

latvianchick

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Being told "you are diabetic, what do you expect?" or "You are stupid or you would be able to control your bloods perfectly!" Hypo unawareness and its consequences!
Hi, never heard of the first two ingredients - I am in the UK. Perhaps you misread my original post - I HAVE to eat carbs at every meal, but would prefer tasty alternatives to bread, as I tend to end up having that for lunch too in sandwich form, and I do not like sweet foods! Just as well, being a highly sensitive diabetic!
I also do not like it but it is a necessary evil!

latvianchick

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Because I am told that it is what I have to do and I also going low carb means FOR ME going severely hypo when I have injected insulin for my blood sugar levels - with half an hour. Also I am type 1 - things might be different for type 2, I do not know.

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.

Ok got you. The first 2 are from the uk www.nuzest.co.uk

Just need to add some fruit to this such as strawbs and blueberries and that will lift your carbs to about 20-25g

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Because I am told that it is what I have to do and I also going low carb means FOR ME going severely hypo when I have injected insulin for my blood sugar levels - with half an hour. Also I am type 1 - things might be different for type 2, I do not know.
We all have to experiment to find out what we can personally eat there is no right or wrong Some people can manage perfectly well with having smaller portions of foods without cutting out any of them some others say they have to stop eating certain foods we are all so different Only you know what level of carbs you need to eat to prevent having the serious hypos so you must go with what you know is best for you not what others may do

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Latvianchick now has her own thread in Type 1 where she can get advice about her breakfast/insulin regime :)