Weekly weigh in - Fridays

srobertson06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cycling, Exercise Classes
I have started weighing myself at the weekends - so I thought I would add a small comment on this thread....

I have lost approximately 20kg to date - that has taken me 2 years as my approach was to do it slowly (I was not diagnosed when I started) and I have continued because it has worked for me but amended more recently to LCHF and that is also working but still very gradually (most likely because I am away from home a lot and sometimes what is on offer is not the best options).

So this week I lost 0.3kg - I am happy with it because it is going in the right direction and for me that is what matters - I still do not feel I could cope with large weight loss (my thoughts are that if I feel deprived I will not stick with it and it has to be a change for the rest of my life). It also took me some 30+ years to get to where I was so I am just happy to be 20kg lighter and starting to see the blood glucose levels coming down - albeit very slowly.

Reactions: 2 people

Russetfox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Fresh tomatoes :(
Another 2lb off so now 12st 1.75lb, sticking to it despite some days with terrible cravings :eek:

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Woohoo! Just broke the 15st barrier and I'm now 14st 13lbs - that means since diagnosis 2.5 months ago I've lost 36lbs!!!

Change of lifestyle, more exercise and a beautiful wife that feeds me gorgeous healthy foods are all to blame. Think I might like being fit and healthy again
Can we borrow your good wife? lol

Reactions: 4 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I fell off the low carb wagon recently.
I'm posting my restarting weight today at 128.80kgs fully on metformin today.
Just had a hypo and water retention too.

See you next week! :)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Keep your chin up....:)

Diagnosed 13/4/16: T2, no meds, HbA1c 53, FBG 12.6, Trigs 3.6, HDL .75, LDL 4.0, BP 169/95, 13st 8lbs, waist 34" (2012 - 17st 7lbs, w 42").

6/6/16: FBG AV 4.6, Trigs 1.5, HDL 2.0, LDL 3.0, BP 112/68, BPM 66, 11st 11lbs, waist 30".

Regime: 20g LCHF, run 1 mile daily, weekly fasting.
Thanks @KevinPotts it means a lot.
I need some encouragement lately.
I want to do 20g again but afraid incase ill again but i felt good on it.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think I could just repeat last week's post - so up another 2-3 kilos again, and feeling fat, burpy, bloaty on and off, and now also not feeling very well since Wednesday...

But, my trousers don't feel tight round my hips or bum - and they tend to be my real weight loss and gain "thermometer!! :D

Everything else is nice and well behaved: my glucose levels have come back down a bit again, my blood pressure is as low as it's ever been, and I'm nicely in ketosis, so who am I to complain!

Robbity

Reactions: 6 people

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Up to 10st 3lbs yesterday.:( I haven't been eating more, but I didn't walk much during the week as grass pollen levels have been high, and hayfever, or the anti-histamines, make me feel tired. I didn't go out at all yesterday.
I hope to get back down to 10st by next Friday.

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
Down to my target Personal Fat Threshold of 11st (70kg), might even be a tad lower when I get to the doc next Thursday for my second blood work post diagnosis 3 months ago.

So may now have to think about maintaining weight:)

So I've lost my final 16kgs in the last 12 weeks, no doubt helped by my intermittent fasting. Now with a I of 21.1

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum

Reactions: 5 people

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
One thing I did not reckon on was that coming of metformin has affected my weight so have actually gained a couple of pounds and am back up to 12st 3Lb also being taken off furosemide has caused me to start having a problem with water retention again so will suggest to doctor going back on the diuretics. hopefully system will adjust to the absence of metformin and I will get back on track soon.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
One thing I did not reckon on was that coming of metformin has affected my weight so have actually gained a couple of pounds and am back up to 12st 3Lb also being taken off furosemide has caused me to start having a problem with water retention again so will suggest to doctor going back on the diuretics. hopefully system will adjust to the absence of metformin and I will get back on track soon.
I've just started back on metformin and I've noticed water retention in my arms but legs look thinner. Swollen sticking out stomach pouch has gone. No more looking pregnant. I just need to lose or try to lose insulin injections, which is the hardest part. Any weight loss I'll be happy with.

srobertson06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cycling, Exercise Classes
Sunday is my weigh in day and so I can report I have lost 1kg this week - really pleased with that!

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
I weighed myself yesterday and I've lost another pound - just 1 more pound and I'll have lost a stone :)

Russetfox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Fresh tomatoes :(
Anoher 2lb off this week now 11st 13.75lbs, no longer obese, just slipped into the overweight category :)

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Down 2lbs from last Friday to 10st 1lb today. Better, but I still want to get back to 10st or below.

Reactions: 3 people

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Well 12st 2Lb this week so back on track with a pound lost since last week I think.

Reactions: 5 people

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I seem to be back down to my 95 kilos again this week! I think perhaps my ups and downs at the moment are due to my current unfortunate combination of fluid and bloat - though I'm not actually retaining fluid just rather frequently "disposing" of it...:eek: I have done a few 12-16 hour fasts when I've not felt at all hungry but other days I've eaten well.

Robbity

magsiesss

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who drive with fog lights on when its only a bit of mist
I have neither lost or gained

Perhaps next week ....

I will be trying some meal replacement things for lunch for a few days and when I do get off the glic, will be trying 5:2 ....