Type 2 Life

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
Morning @KevinPotts
I've just paid the balance for my hols later and I'm starting to think of sunnier climes!
Have you been to Tenerife before? Depending on where you're based, and your tastes, I can give you the lowdown on some great restaurants. Mmm the memories!!

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum mobile app

Just been once before 32 years ago...loved it...it was our first hols after getting married... Lovely memories:)

This time, south side in the middle of nowhere overlooking the sea:)

Any thoughts....?

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum

Reactions: 2 people

nomoredonuts

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Current American Presidents.
Just been once before 32 years ago...loved it...it was our first hols after getting married... Lovely memories:)

This time, south side in the middle of nowhere overlooking the sea:)

Any thoughts....?

We've stayed in the Silencio area lots, and along the coast towards the airport is the little fishing port of Los Abrigos. There's at least four good fish restaurants there. Further East still is San Miguel de Tajao, and El Rocas. Another superb fish place.
If you're exploring nearer Americas/Cristianos the village of Arona is lined with shady eateries offering grilled chicken to fill the heartiest of appetites. Great steaks at Roque del Conde.
I could go on but won't. ( I even have a guide to Tenerife on a popular travel site online).
Doing Portugal this year. Never been.

Reactions: 4 people

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
We've stayed in the Silencio area lots, and along the coast towards the airport is the little fishing port of Los Abrigos. There's at least four good fish restaurants there. Further East still is San Miguel de Tajao, and El Rocas. Another superb fish place.
If you're exploring nearer Americas/Cristianos the village of Arona is lined with shady eateries offering grilled chicken to fill the heartiest of appetites. Great steaks at Roque del Conde.
I could go on but won't. ( I even have a guide to Tenerife on a popular travel site online).

Thanks for this....I hope you have a lovely time:)

S

Sable_Jan

@Clivethedrive and @Molly56 have just come back from there

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Me too. I try not to think about it. :D
Me to I don't think about it, Just don't eat it, lost nearly 2 kilos since stopped eating cheese, must have been fat mites!!!!! Yak. Sorry but I am a fussy eater I suppose

KimG

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I don't know much about retinopathy Ron. Have you had a chance to read up on it? Used the retinopathy sufferers forums here?
Is this the best it will get?
Retinopathy is a bummer. I was screened for it last November and unfortunately have it. The best you can do is to control your diet to stop it getting worse :grumpy:

KimG

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Overdone it on the exercise the last three of days :rolleyes:. 1.5 rounds of golf in one day, racquetball the day after and another full 18 holes today. My knees as tired and arms and legs sore and stiff. My fault! Only me to blame. I just can't say "no" :D. Day off exercise tomorrow :happy::happy::happy::happy:

Reactions: 5 people
S

Sable_Jan

Overdone it on the exercise the last three of days :rolleyes:. 1.5 rounds of golf in one day, racquetball the day after and another full 18 holes today. My knees as tired and arms and legs sore and stiff. My fault! Only me to blame. I just can't say "no" :D. Day off exercise tomorrow :happy::happy::happy::happy:
I'd be like that after one hole

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
How did you get on Cumbs?

Consultant is pleased with my progress because this time last year I was in hospital with bloods of 59.4 and an HbA1c of 102

Now my bloods average 8-10 and HbA1c is 55

She also reclassified me from Type 2 to Type 1 (I'm not bothered by this) and has switched to a new basal insulin called Toujeo (never heard of it but she said it's more concentrated than Humulin I and thinks it will get me down to within range) she has stopped my metformin (6 X daily) but kept me on Novorapid insulin with food

She is pleased with my weight loss and says I should stick around where I am at present

So that's it in a nutshell oh and she asked what changes I had made and I told her that I was eating less carbs and she said I was doing the right thing

She was very thorough went back looking at my notes throughout my life and said Pancreas Divisum and Pancreatitis were significant in her opinion in diagnosing me from type 2 to type 1

I had always thought I was type 1 seeing as my grandfather had it along with one of my sisters and a few nephews and nieces so it's no big deal

Thank you for enquiring @debrasue x

KimG

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'd be like that after one hole
:D I should be used to golf by now, but add in racquetball jeez :facepalm:. I'll be lucky to walk to bed :eek:. Not sure how I'll get up tomorrow. Probably roll out of bed and crash on to the floor and then get my husband to pick me up limb by limb :D:D:D I do like punishment :joyful::joyful: