Not open for further replies.

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Apologies if you are a new visitor having to read this, it isn't what the forum is about but it needs to be said. We have created a new anonymous moderation system including forum monitors. This system has been designed to help debate on this forum flourish. We are not killing free speech, merely protecting this board from trolls and spammers that threaten to derail the purpose of this forum - helping people with diabetes to manage their condition through information and support.

Regards,

Admin

Soundgen

5 new moderators all joined January 29th, 2010, 12:10 pm , all Years diagnosed:1 , 3 males and 2 females , one post about ice cream , the spammersc have taken over !

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
The profiles of the new mods were set up by admin. to be deliberately vague to keep anonymity.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Because Moderators and the Administrator were being personally abused by certain people. Not a nice situation.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Soundgen.

There are some things that we are not going to discuss. The reasons have been posted here before by the Administrator. If you wish to know any more then please contact the Administrator.

Dippy3103

I don't get it.... WHY abuse the people that are giving up their time to help run a website that helps so many people?
Can't people have a debate but not resort to abuse?
I understand why admin have felt it necessary, but think it's sad that it is.

dragongirl

So what's a forum monitor then? And why are your names in orange to denote said title, if not moderators any longer??
DG

A

Anonymous

Forum Monitors are long-standing forum members who have proven over time to act in the interests of the diabetes community. Being a Forum Monitor on this forum is a mark of respect. This is a closed group, new members can only join upon invitation of a group leader.

I am locking this thread as it is serving no useful purpose, with the same questions being asked here as were asked elsewhere. The system is clear and effective.

Any further information, contact the Administrator.

Status
Not open for further replies.