Type 2 An embaressing question

AnneMurray

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
people who judge
Hi there. Have recently (last 12 weeks) been put on the novomix 30 insulin pen and have noticed an extreme increase in, well how can I put this politely, botty burping. Quantity, frequency and as my husband puts it, flavour. Has anyone else had this problem???? :oops:

Salvia

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sprouts usually do it for me :bag:

Sorry, can't help with this but I hope someone comes along soon who can give you some advice or info. I feel for you :)

P.S. Perhaps when you mention this side-effect at your next GP or DN review, they might be able to change to a different brand that won't give you the same response (hopefully !)

Last edited by a moderator:

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

Any change in diet since the new insulin regime?

AnneMurray

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
people who judge
Sprouts usually do it for me :bag:

Sorry, can't help with this but I hope someone comes along soon who can give you some advice or info. I feel for you :)

P.S. Perhaps when you mention this side-effect at your next GP or DN review, they might be able to change to a different brand that won't give you the same response (hopefully !)
I mentioned it to DN and she said it would settle soon but am still keeping fingers and legs crossed :)

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I mentioned it to DN and she said it would settle soon but am still keeping fingers and legs crossed :)

You are performing an "airshot" prior to injecting...?? Just a thought.