losing weight

minesajack2

can anyone help i am type 2 been trying to loose weight for over a month now stuck to a good diet no cheating good for me :D been going to the gym everyday and have put on 6 lbs in a month anyone got any advice on what im doind wrong all help very much apreciated many thanks steve

Synonym

Dislikes
Having no energy as this is so limiting.
Hello minesajack and welcome to the forum. :D

Tell us something about you, weight height etc and what does your 'diet' consist of. What did you eat yesterday, please? If you give us some information then we can help. Someone will be along very soon afterwards! 8)

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Hi minesa jack!
You may have done nothing whatever wrong.
What medication,if any, do you use?
What diet are you following?
with that info, I can try to solve the puzzle.
I'm a slow weight loser myself, but I have managed to keep from gaining( whilst trying to lose) for the last 3 months.
The Atkins Fat Fast is the ONLY guaranteed way I can lose. I can only sustain it 3 days maximum. It's very rigorous.
Hana

minesajack2

hi i have been sticking to a calorie controled diet no cheating which is good for me :D for breakfast i usualy have porridge with fruit blueberries,peaches midmorning fruit or weight watchers yoghurt lunch sandwich with chicken,salad and fruit dinner sweet potatoe chicken or fish veg or salad and a yoghurt and in the evening maybe a small bowl of porridge milk i have swapped to soya very rarely have red meat all meat is lean no fat cooking is stir fry with spray oil or grilled veg steamed.

I am going to the gym everyday i do about an hour cardio treadmill,bike,rowing macine cross trainer followed by weights try to keep weight not too high and more reps and advice would be gratefully recived i have allso been keeping a diary with what i been eating and exercise done on a day to day basis my height is 170cm i weigh 90kg i am on metformin 500mg 1x 3times a day and Glicazide 80mg 2x twice a day

Romola

Do your clothes feel looser?

You are doing such a lot in the gym that you are bound to be gaining muscle - which is good, but the weight of the muscle tissue you have gained, may be greater than the weight of the fat you have lost.

Your eating regime sounds very good - but if I were in your shoes, I would cut down on the carbs and take a look at portion size.

Weight loss is very odd - you can plateau for ages, then it will suddenly shift - and there is no prediciting where you will lose it from in what order either!

Good luck - :D

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I can add that you might have more success if you count carbs rather than calories.
Atkins Induction, or the South Beach diet are both good for blood glucose control and most people will lose weight.
Hana

bufferz

Romola said:
Weight loss is very odd - you can plateau for ages, then it will suddenly shift - and there is no prediciting where you will lose it from in what order either!

Tell me about it! I have lost 1.5 stone, and i was expecting it to come from my extremities (fingers, face) so i can get my wedding ring back on, but no, its all come from my middle, of which there is still plenty of it to go yet