13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Good morning everyone. Well, it's raining here in Central Scotland this morning. It's waterproofs on for our first walk of the day. Have a lovely day wherever you are and whatever the weather

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Morning all, we have lovely blue skies today but I'm not particularly happy about it - it's too warm! Temps are supposed to be 27 today and 32 tomorrow!! I think I'm going to hibernate

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good morning from a sunny and a hot Hampshire :)
I hope the start of the week goes well for you all, take care :)

D

debrasue

Good morning, peeps!
It's going to be a hot one here in the West Country today... We're forecast 33 degrees this afternoon. Fans are on and rooms are shaded already and I plan to be lurking in the shade this afternoon. Tub's turned down to 25 degrees so that should be nice and cool for later, as my daughter's coming over for a bit of a girly bonding session - we don't get to do that often nowadays.
Hope everyone has a good day with lots of cold drinks and staying cool!
Big hugs xxx

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Good morning everyone from Sunny Central Scotland. I guess that we'll all be too hot today. Our top temp up here is predicted to be 28 - that's merely warm for you Southerners. Be careful in the heat! hope you all have a lovely day

Reactions: 2 people

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Morning all, it's predicted to be 32 here as well. Yuk! I had been invited to a coffee morning but I don't fancy the idea of sitting on a boiling hot bus for half an hour. Hibernation time I think

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
19/7/16 - Good Morning from a Sunny York. Temperature going to reach 30 or more. Have a good day everyone and keep hydrated - Water, Water and Water.:)

D

debrasue

My goodness - it looks as if we're all in the same boat today - a hot one!
I don't remember any other occasion when we all had the same weather...
It's going to be a good day for rubbing ice-cubes around your important little places today peeps! :happy:

images

Attachments

• upload_2016-7-19_11-27-35.jpeg
    upload_2016-7-19_11-27-35.jpeg
    5.5 KB · Views: 176

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
My ruddy predictive text won't let me post my one word comment Debra, but it began with ooooo and ended with er

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I have important little places not listed there :)

Badboydavey1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Feeling ****,hot,sweaty,shakey so done BG and they was 3.8 (I guess my first hypo) so had 5 jelly babies then had a slice of toast, I will re-check BG'S levels in 15 mins

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum

D

debrasue

Feeling ****,hot,sweaty,shakey so done BG and they was 3.8 (I guess my first hypo) so had 5 jelly babies then had a slice of toast, I will re-check BG'S levels in 15 mins

I think orange juice is supposed to give you a quick sugar hit, too... Unless anybody knows differently?

Badboydavey1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Alright I will remember that for next time (if needed)

In all the leaflets the docs and nurses give you say jelly babies or 150-250ml orange juice (but hadn't got none) but BG levels are 12.9 now soooooo

Reactions: 5 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@Badboydavey1 - As @debrasue has posted Pure Orange Juice works quicker. I keep packets of Glucose Tablets in every room just in case. (But, then I take Insulin as well as Metformin) Did you miss eating breakfast this morning?